Zee M645 150mm designed for Boost Spacing?

PB Forum :: Shimano
Zee M645 150mm designed for Boost Spacing?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 4:34 Quote
So I got a hold of a 2016 Remedy 9.8 29er.

Long story short.... I live in Nepal, and shipping rims out here (especially the hoops) would be a disaster as the mail system is archaic.

Trying to piece together some rims for this bike.

Ive used shimano zee for a long time and like them. They have a 12x150 Zee M645 rear hub. Is anybody running this on a remedy with the boost 148 standard in the rear? We set it in there on a bike and it seemed to work, but I can't find info on the interwebs as to whether this works. Just wondering if the 2mm matters, or if Shimano is marketing this hub as a "up to" 150mm version.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 0:51 Quote
gbwilliams wrote:
So I got a hold of a 2016 Remedy 9.8 29er.

Long story short.... I live in Nepal, and shipping rims out here (especially the hoops) would be a disaster as the mail system is archaic.

Trying to piece together some rims for this bike.

Ive used shimano zee for a long time and like them. They have a 12x150 Zee M645 rear hub. Is anybody running this on a remedy with the boost 148 standard in the rear? We set it in there on a bike and it seemed to work, but I can't find info on the interwebs as to whether this works. Just wondering if the 2mm matters, or if Shimano is marketing this hub as a "up to" 150mm version.

2mm is a lot in terms of measurement but if the wheel can slot into the frame un-interrupted it's fine. If you need to yank the wheel into the frame, it will cause frame stress.

-ZR

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007364
Mobile Version of Website