DH vs Freeride bike advice please

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
DH vs Freeride bike advice please
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 3:03 Quote
Hi everyone, Bit of a long post.

I could do with a bit of advice please, Ive been riding on and off for over 15 years had allsorts of bikes on the side of DH Freeride and really enjoy my jumps. Ive just got back into riding and Last year a picked up a Nuke Proof Scalp for a bargain I wasn't looking for a full DH bike but at the price I got it for it was silly not to. Ive been riding it quite a bit in Bike parks, and yesterday in bike park Wales but I'm finding the thing just to heavy. Im really sturgerling on anything that has any pedal sections and even on the jumps I just can't get thing thing to do what I want. I get knackered riding it, its amazing on rocky tech and big drops but anything else just kills me.

So I'm wondering should I just bite the bullet and chop it in for an aggressive free ride bike or stick with the Scalp? The style of bikes I like the look of are Specialized Status Freeride, Commencal Supreme and I saw a NS SODA yesterday and that I loved.

Any advice would be a great help.

Thanks Matt

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
A bike that may fit your bill would be the commencals furious. It is what people seem to be calling a new school freeriders bike. It has 650B wheels and 200mm travel F/R and the price is unbeatable. Worth checking out!

Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:08 Quote
Would recommend checking out Scott-Voltage FR710
http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/Scott/Voltage-FR-710,15743#product-specs
Its 16kg which might still be a bit heavy?
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/full-suspension/product/review-scott-voltage-fr-710-49894/

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:44 Quote
Thanks Guys, like a sad I love my Scalp, but I love jumps, Just can't get it off the ground some times due to its weight and me getting so tired.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:46 Quote
Ive also found the cube HANZZ 190 I like the look of that.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 8:50 Quote
Is that the one with triple clamps? I was thinking of going to single crown
liamOenduro wrote:
A bike that may fit your bill would be the commencals furious. It is what people seem to be calling a new school freeriders bike. It has 650B wheels and 200mm travel F/R and the price is unbeatable. Worth checking out!

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 21:29 Quote
mattwright1982 wrote:
liamOenduro wrote:

Yes but I have seen people put single crowns on it. Your problem might be not the fact it's a Dh but it weight. A carbon frame or even just a "modern" aluminium frame will help getting it off the ground

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 17:04 Quote
Brainthecrazyfreerider wrote:
mattwright1982 wrote:
liamOenduro wrote:

Yes but I have seen people put single crowns on it. Your problem might be not the fact it's a Dh but it weight. A carbon frame or even just a "modern" aluminium frame will help getting it off the ground

Yup, save all the weight you can!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010725
Mobile Version of Website