Water bottle/cage to fit 2018 Norco Sight 29r w/ piggyback shock

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Water bottle/cage to fit 2018 Norco Sight 29r w/ piggyback shock
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
Just picked up a size large Norco Sight A1 29r a few weeks back, very stoked! Despite several different shop visits i've yet to find a water bottle/cage that will fit without hitting the Fox's piggyback. Any recommendations?

Norco Sight A1 29r Large

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 6:33 Quote
hdeb89 wrote:
Just picked up a size large Norco Sight A1 29r a few weeks back, very stoked! Despite several different shop visits i've yet to find a water bottle/cage that will fit without hitting the Fox's piggyback. Any recommendations?

Norco Sight A1 29r Large
try spinning the shock around,and side entry bottle cage

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 15:33 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
hdeb89 wrote:

Norco Sight A1 29r Large

Possible a fabric "cageless" bottle will work as well.

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 17:57 Quote
velcro straps for the cost-effective / temporary solution, or buy a top tube bag. I prefer carrying an actual backpack with me so that the bottle doesn't flop out during some gnarly shredding session. Whatever works for you.. Smile

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 19:37 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
hdeb89 wrote:

Norco Sight A1 29r Large

Sadly can;t spin the shock around, there is brace directly behind it on the rocker, and can't flip it upside down b/c the trunion mount...

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 23:45 Quote
hdeb89 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
hdeb89 wrote:

Norco Sight A1 29r Large

Sadly can;t spin the shock around, there is brace directly behind it on the rocker, and can't flip it upside down b/c the trunion mount...
i used "Elite" bottle cage straps on my Mega worked great,just be prepared for a mouth full of mud when you take a drink though,not ideal,but a solution all the same.
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 1:03 Quote
Ah, yes. The e-coli bottle position.

Flip that shock upside down.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 22:16 Quote
hdeb89 wrote:

Norco Sight A1 29r Large

I'm using a Lezyne side load cage. Full size bottle fits. It barely fits (and i put tape on the bottom of the top tube in case it rubs), but it does not touch the shock.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 22:29 Quote
Oh trunion mount. Boo.

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
if you still have fit issues, try the YT water bottle cage for the Jeffsy, along with a Wolf Tooth B Rad part. I had to use that setup on my Knolly Delirium to get at bottle to fit due to the same type of issue.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
I've got a Sight Carbon with a DVO Topaz shock. I was able to fit a 400ml fidlock bottle using the strapped-on version of their base

I might pick up that WolfTooth b rad part to see if I can use the regular cage mounts instead of the straps though...

kind of sucks, because the demo I rode would (barely) fit a full size bottle in a side loading cage; the demo had the Fox Factory DPX2 on it... I guess the factory dpx2 shock's piggyback rides closer to the shock's axis?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017110
Mobile Version of Website