Upgrade or not to upgrade!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Upgrade or not to upgrade!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 23:08 Quote
Hi guys, I have a 27.5 hardtail with a 120mm forks, 2X10. I am not sure if I want to upgrade any components, or just save up and get a different one!?! I really enjoy the ride though... any advice!?!
Please, thanks guys!!!

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 23:16 Quote
Save up. Definitely. You may enjoy your hardtail for a bit but you'd really want to switch to a full sus pretty soon. Save up some cash, sell your bike, and go shopping in the BuySell for something decent.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 10:47 Quote
I don’t think I need a full sus, based on the riding I am doing!!

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 12:09 Quote
darsia121 wrote:
Hi guys, I have a 27.5 hardtail with a 120mm forks, 2X10. I am not sure if I want to upgrade any components, or just save up and get a different one!?! I really enjoy the ride though... any advice!?!
Please, thanks guys!!!

I would save up... At this point you're happy where you are at and doesn't seem like you need to upgrade anything. I'd save up for a different bike in the long run. 2 cents

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
That depends on what your desired upgrades are.

Total up the cost of the upgrades, then add in whatever your current new bike savings fund is. How does this compare to the cost of a new bike that you want?

-If this is close to the cost of a new bike then you may get a nicer package buying a new bike.
-If it is much less than the cost of the bike, then go with the upgrades.
-If it is somewhere in the middle, you are going to have to use your own judgement to decide if waiting some time to save up enough for a bike is worth the trade off of riding what you got for that same amount of time.

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 8:08 Quote
I miss my 2x. I would ride what you have, save for new or used bike, there are getting to be such phenomenal deals now.
You start upgrading then you need this and that, and yet there are such great deals out there if you look, that might be close to what you upgrade to in price, but with latest geometry, maybe full suspension, etc........2 cents

Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 11:14 Quote
darsia121 wrote:
I don’t think I need a full sus, based on the riding I am doing!!

Light but strong wheels, nice sticky tires, ditch the front derailleur for a narrow-wide ring, get a dropper. Ride the crap out of it!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007359
Mobile Version of Website