New enduro bike

PB Forum :: Transition
New enduro bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
* this is a repost from my previous post in the "all mountain" section, just thought I'd have a 2nd opinion from the Transition owners / fan club.*

Hello PB friends,

I want to get a new enduro bike this up coming year. I've saved up enough to get a new bike in the 4K range.

I come from a 2014 Process 153 which I absolutely love and still ride. I have 0 regrets buying the bike and 0 complaints, in fact the more I ride it the more I like it. Other than its a bit sluggish on the climbs, but that was normal back then in 2014.

Back then, IMO, the Process 153 was a bit ahead of its time in regards to the geometry, being low, slung, and slack. Few brands had that approach back in 2014 and even big brand's enduro bikes just caught up with that trend 1-3 years later.

For some reason I don't feel that way for the new Process 153 27.5 that just went through a complete new design. Of course we still need to wait for a comprehensive review and nothing beats a hands on demo, but in paper, somehow I'm not that excited.

I've been looking at the new Transition Patrol, with its new geometry called SBG (Speed Balanced Geomerty) and I think the bike is spot on. Some early reviews i've read claim that the bike is simply put amazing and one of the best allrounders out there.

I know its maybe too early, but just wanted to know your opinion on this bike and or what other options would you suggest? I like the way the 2014 process 153 rides with a roomy cockpit. I hate cramped cockpits + i'm 6ft tall.

The Process 27.5 DL is roughly $ 3,600 vs. $ 4,000 Patrol 3. For the extra $ 400 you get better fork (lyrics vs yari) better shock (Deluxe vs. fox DPX2 Elite). Everything else is either more or less the same or will end up being replaced sooner than later for a better part.

I'm not sure on some of the frame measurements, specially the longer reach, longer chain stays, and longer wheelbase. I fear this might make the bike more clumsy on tight corners or technical / rocky descents?

Cheers!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008697
Mobile Version of Website