Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
slope wrote:
140mm Pike

me too

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 19:35 Quote
Staktup wrote:
Staktup wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

It is incredible.... Fit is very similar to the 111 but with the added benefit of a better seat angle for climbing. The suspension platform is so buttery, the bearings on the upper linkage make the shock breakaway so smoothly. The X2 is a different beast, holy hell is it nice. I loved the 111 but man, this is a whole new level!

Sweet, I have the Float X2 on mine as well after getting one for my ole 26er V10, and butter and other similar dairy products come to mind when I think about these shocks.

BK- where'd ya get the black rocker? Looks cool. I liked how the Gen 1, 2014+ Process models had black chain and seat stays...

This is a pre-production frame that was able to purchase from kona direct. The rocket is raw carbon and looks so rad.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
It's official, I am now a member of the Kona Process Brotherhood Cool

It's a well cared for 2017.

Will post pics once it arrives.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Party time!

It's a blast of a bike.

mistermanny wrote:
It's official, I am now a member of the Kona Process Brotherhood Cool

It's a well cared for 2017.

Will post pics once it arrives.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
I’m taking mine to the French Alps on Friday for a week in Morzine, it’ll be the shortest travel bike in the group but I’m confident !
Photos of mine Instagram under howiespage

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
konabigshed wrote:
I’m taking mine to the French Alps on Friday for a week in Morzine, it’ll be the shortest travel bike in the group but I’m confident !
Photos of mine Instagram under howiespage

Taking mine to BC and will be hitting SilverStar on it, where it too, will be the shortest bike haha

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
pinnityafairy wrote:
Staktup wrote:
oldtech wrote:
My 2017 111 has a 170mm Lyric stuffed under it. This was initially done just as a test because I had the brand new Fork sitting in the garage. The bike rides so well with the170mm Fork on it I have never taken it off. Truly the closest bike I have ever built to a quiver killer. I have no idea what my head Angle now is but it has turned this bike into the best riding bike I have ever owned. I also have several years experience with the process 134 and 153. The 111 specs with the 170 Mill Fork is my go-to Enduro downhill cross-country gravel grind bike. I love the bike with a giant fork on the front of it. Right or wrong it flies like a world-class fighter jet and sticks to the trail like the world's fastest bullet train.
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/17221711/

Cool, let’s see some pics with that 170 on it

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
Spoke to a bike shop guy who said Kona is doing a 134 process 29er in 2020. If they do alu this could be my next bike

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 5:08 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Spoke to a bike shop guy who said Kona is doing a 134 process 29er in 2020. If they do alu this could be my next bike
Only last week having just been to Morzine with the 111 I said to a buddy that a Process 134 29nr would be killer.
The 111 was surprisingly good in Morzine.

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
I'll just leave this here:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-the-2020-kona-process-134-cr-gets-a-full-carbon-frame-and-29-wheels.html

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
Picked up my 111 today = NBD !!!

Unfortunately, I craked some ribs on Monday...so stoke levels will remain in check until my first ride.

The previous owner didn't mention the bumper sticker on the top tube.
Laughed when I saw it, which quickly reminded me of my ribs...ouch.

The travel on the Pike has been bumped to 150.
I have a 140 fox36 Performance (Grip Dampener) I'm itching to throw on the process...but will wait until I've ridden her in current configuration.

Other planed changes are tires, works angle headset and swap brakes to Shimano.

Will be interesting to see which bike gets more trail time going forward.
Other bike is a new stumpjumper ST alloy, with a 140mm Revelation.

Keep you guys posted.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
JesseE wrote:
I'll just leave this here:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-the-2020-kona-process-134-cr-gets-a-full-carbon-frame-and-29-wheels.html

That just came on to my radar yesterday, I love my 111 but that may be a game changer !

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 0:20 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Picked up my 111 today = NBD !!!

Unfortunately, I craked some ribs on Monday...so stoke levels will remain in check until my first ride.

The previous owner didn't mention the bumper sticker on the top tube.
Laughed when I saw it, which quickly reminded me of my ribs...ouch.

The travel on the Pike has been bumped to 150.
I have a 140 fox36 Performance (Grip Dampener) I'm itching to throw on the process...but will wait until I've ridden her in current configuration.

Other planed changes are tires, works angle headset and swap brakes to Shimano.

Will be interesting to see which bike gets more trail time going forward.
Other bike is a new stumpjumper ST alloy, with a 140mm Revelation.

Keep you guys posted.
I’m curious to know why buy the 111 when you have a new stumpy ?
I have a 111 already so I can understand the reasons for having it, it’s epic !

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
A short travel 29er is perfect for my local trails.
The stumpy ST is a very fun bike, but I wanted to try something longer and slacker.

The Process 111 also accepts angle headsets, so the game plan is to slacken her out a bit.
My Stache hardtail hasn't had much trail time since I picked up the Stumpy...so she will get sold.

Worst case scenario, one of these bikes becomes more XC focused/backup bike.

Besides, what else is a retiree to do? Razz

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
A short travel 29er is perfect for my local trails.
The stumpy ST is a very fun bike, but I wanted to try something longer and slacker.

The Process 111 also accepts angle headsets, so the game plan is to slacken her out a bit.
My Stache hardtail hasn't had much trail time since I picked up the Stumpy...so she will get sold.

Worst case scenario, one of these bikes becomes more XC focused/backup bike.

Besides, what else is a retiree to do? Razz

Fair enough ! I have a 160 Travel Cube stereo that I just don’t ride anymore since having the 111

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016896
Mobile Version of Website