Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
Staktup wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
You too man! Can't wait to get back on the big banana

As he hit “submit comment”, he wished he could retract that statement...

JK, Happy Holidays to all!

I never joke about Bananas

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
Just finished building up my 2017 Process 111

Found the frame here on BuySell in the fall, and have taken my time building it up with a mix of new parts and some parts off my old Stumpjumper. Highlights are a 170mm OneUp dropper, Raceface Next carbon bars, and Truvativ Descendant crankset. Borrowed parts from the old bike are a Reba 120mm fork, XT 10 speed wide range drivetrain, and Roval rims with tanwall 2.4 Ardents. The snow is preventing a first ride but can't wait to get out on it. Will likely be on the lookout for a 130 mm Pike or 34 fork when funds allow.

The not so final result

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 16:25 Quote
asteeves46 wrote:
Just finished building up my 2017 Process 111

Found the frame here on BuySell in the fall, and have taken my time building it up with a mix of new parts and some parts off my old Stumpjumper. Highlights are a 170mm OneUp dropper, Raceface Next carbon bars, and Truvativ Descendant crankset. Borrowed parts from the old bike are a Reba 120mm fork, XT 10 speed wide range drivetrain, and Roval rims with tanwall 2.4 Ardents. The snow is preventing a first ride but can't wait to get out on it. Will likely be on the lookout for a 130 mm Pike or 34 fork when funds allow.

The not so final result

photo

Congrats, that sucker looks brand new!

Posted: Jan 21, 2020 at 21:40 Quote
Dig the Tan Walls Cool

Welcome to the brotherhood.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 19:17 Quote
Yeah the frame really is in pretty good condition. Couple scuffs from regular riding but that just means it was used properly. And the tan walls look great on it, had the ardents on my old "down country" hard tail, but I'm assuming the aggressive nature of this bike will make me try to find some tan wall minions. I know I've seen them before, but just like the fork it will all be in due time. But for now I await the snow to melt to get out and shred.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 0:26 Quote
Having a problem getting a photo on here, it’s uploaded to Pinkbike already.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
Once you've successfully uploaded your image file, select the PBimage icon next to the Link (Globe icon) and insert the associated image number.

Yea, Pinkbike's site isn't as intuitive as other forum sites...

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 4:17 Quote
photo
[P=http:// size=m align=c][/P]

At last, thanks for the help, I googled it too.
This is my Process 111, non standard bits are wheels it now has Dt Swiss m1900 the stem is a Nukeproof horizon 35mm
It has an oval 30t chain ring and Nukeproof horizon Sam Hill edition pedals.
I love this bike and bought it new in 2018 when it was discounted by Chain reaction cycles.

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 6:16 Quote
I miss my Process. Conditions around here suck from (normally) mid december to Mid april, but this year we got snow in November and that is when I put the full squish away. Actually just took mine in to have the bearings etc. all re-placed and all the suspension serviced and putting in a 1 degree slackset. Hoping for a super tight ride! Unfortuantely I won't be on it till April Frown

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
Your going to love the slacker process Cool

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Your going to love the slacker process Cool

I have mine with a 140 fork, so with the new headset and dropping it to 130 up front it'll only be a bit slacker, but I'm hoping a with a lower BB / stack height to be a little more fun off the jumps and in the turns.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 11:58 Quote
I’m considering fitting a slacker headset to mine and increasing the travel to 130mm but I’m conscious of not wanting to disturb it’s magic !

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 12:15 Quote
konabigshed wrote:
I’m considering fitting a slacker headset to mine and increasing the travel to 130mm but I’m conscious of not wanting to disturb it’s magic !

I have a friend who had the 2016 (black) and put a slackset and a 140 on there and he thought it made magic. I'd like to find a happy medium. 130/110 with a 66.5 headangle sounds pretty fun to me!

Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
photo
My 2017 Process 111, Brenda, is a camel. She's always been big boned, but now she carries water for me.
This bike is so mental that on my first ride I forgot that I was evaluating a new bike. She slid under the radar and into my heart.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014876
Mobile Version of Website