Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 4:57 Quote
Very easy to get along with. Custom paint?

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
BusterM wrote:
photo
My 2017 Process 111, Brenda, is a camel. She's always been big boned, but now she carries water for me.
This bike is so mental that on my first ride I forgot that I was evaluating a new bike. She slid under the radar and into my heart.

Nice color. Did you tap threads in for the cage?

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 6:56 Quote
Rattle can, yes. I chose an engine block paint as it's supposed to be fairly resistant to wear, and so far it still looks great imho.

I used riv-nuts to mount the water bottle cage, and the hose guides.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 5:37 Quote
Hi I’m new on the 111 so I will be posting pics in a little while but what use is the bolt on the BB for?

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
Verogroenewoud wrote:
Hi I’m new on the 111 so I will be posting pics in a little while but what use is the bolt on the BB for?

Welcome!

Bolt on the bottom bracket?

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 2:06 Quote
ith Between the BB and the bottle cage mount on the downtime

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
Drool Drool worthy Process 111 build video I came across the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvu5BCPT9nw

Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Verogroenewoud wrote:

Welcome!

Jesse,
I think it's this bolt...also not sure what to make of it.

bottom bolt.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 14:49 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Verogroenewoud wrote:

Welcome!

Jesse,
I think it's this bolt...also not sure what to make of it.

bottom bolt.

Ah yes. I think it may be a way to put little cable tabs on there for running an external dropper maybe? I have some keeping cables on my top tube, which you might be able to see in my photos.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
Beautiful day for a bike ride.

Hope my brothers are enjoying their konas as much as I am Smile

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 22:38 Quote
Unfortunately here it hasn’t stopped raining since September, except for the occasional day ! 111 is locked away it’s hardtail season !
Looks nice in your part of the world ????

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 4:55 Quote
This bros kona will be in storage till late April. Just had all the slidy bits serviced, pivots replaced and the front end set up with a 130mm and -deg angleset. The ride hope from the shop was so buttery!

That terrain looks amazing. Where is it?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 5:34 Quote
The Hills of the Sierra Madre, inland from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Our rainy season is from June-Sept, basically all summer.
It's manageable, as it tends to only rain in the evenings (almost like clock work).

I might try dropping my fox36 to 130mm, get more weight on the front.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
This bros kona will be in storage till late April. Just had all the slidy bits serviced, pivots replaced and the front end set up with a 130mm and -deg angleset. The ride hope from the shop was so buttery!

That’s exactly what I’d consider doing to mine, let us know how it rides when it’s possible to get out.
Apart from my Genesis tarn 20 I’ve decided the 111 is the only bike I’ll ever need, unless age makes me go electric !

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
konabigshed wrote:

That’s exactly what I’d consider doing to mine, let us know how it rides when it’s possible to get out.
Apart from my Genesis tarn 20 I’ve decided the 111 is the only bike I’ll ever need, unless age makes me go electric !

Even just a quick zip down the road and I can tell the bike is gonna feel better on the trail. I think it was a bit over forked with the 140mm and no angleset. BBH feels better now and I like the lower stack height after dropping the fork and adding a degree of slackness. Can't wait to get it out.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019418
Mobile Version of Website