Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
The Hills of the Sierra Madre, inland from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Our rainy season is from June-Sept, basically all summer.
It's manageable, as it tends to only rain in the evenings (almost like clock work).

I might try dropping my fox36 to 130mm, get more weight on the front.

I just Google earthed where you are, wow it’s totally surrounded by green space for miles.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 6:02 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
konabigshed wrote:
This bros kona will be in storage till late April. Just had all the slidy bits serviced, pivots replaced and the front end set up with a 130mm and -deg angleset. The ride hope from the shop was so buttery!

That terrain looks amazing. Where is it?
That’s exactly what I’d consider doing to mine, let us know how it rides when it’s possible to get out.
Apart from my Genesis tarn 20 I’ve decided the 111 is the only bike I’ll ever need, unless age makes me go electric !

Even just a quick zip down the road and I can tell the bike is gonna feel better on the trail. I think it was a bit over forked with the 140mm and no angleset. BBH feels better now and I like the lower stack height after dropping the fork and adding a degree of slackness. Can't wait to get it out.
Both my bikes are currently 120mm travel and 68 degrees, I reckon I’ll do the same to both.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
The Hills of the Sierra Madre, inland from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Our rainy season is from June-Sept, basically all summer.
It's manageable, as it tends to only rain in the evenings (almost like clock work).

I might try dropping my fox36 to 130mm, get more weight on the front.

Looks dreamy

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
Yeah, super fortunate to live in such an amazing place for both life and MTB.

Ordered the 130 air shaft for the 111.
I have a feeling Jesse will be able to provide feedback, before my air-shaft arrives Big Grin

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 11:15 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Yeah, super fortunate to live in such an amazing place for both life and MTB.

Ordered the 130 air shaft for the 111.
I have a feeling Jesse will be able to provide feedback, before my air-shaft arrives Big Grin

Mine arrived pretty quick, to Canada..

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 19:02 Quote
Funny you guys are going to 130mm, I just left there for 140.

Hey I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the stock shock tune is?

Specifically, I have a 2017, which would have come with a Monarch RL (I believe).

Thank you in advance.

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
My 130 air-shaft arrived.
Yeah, It took longer...but It arrived along with another Fox36 Smile

Threw the old 36 on the stumpy. Should be night and day, compared to the previous Revelation.
Also gave me an opportunity to clean/lube both headsets.
Want to test the new fork (on the process) before installing the shorter air-shaft.

photo

Regarding 2017 Monarch RT Tune...my 2017 has the following symbols:
Red Square (rebound) M
Blue open lock (compression) M
Next Blue box is blank, due to only 2 positions available.
last value is 320, which I believe is the IFP pressure.

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 23:22 Quote
Thank you, sir
That's just what I was looking for!

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 0:00 Quote
To all the Process 111 brothers I wish you all good luck, stay safe and we’ll ride again in happier times.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
konabigshed wrote:
To all the Process 111 brothers I wish you all good luck, stay safe and we’ll ride again in happier times.

You too!

Happy & healthy riding. Don't send it too hard as the hospital is a bit busy right now.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
konabigshed wrote:

You too!

Happy & healthy riding. Don't send it too hard as the hospital is a bit busy right now.

True words... Frown

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
Definitely would not want to be in a hospital right now...

Stay Safe my Brothers Cool

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
Solo riding XC trails, practicing social distancing and staying out of the gnarly fun stuff...for now.
Increased sag to 30% on the fox36, I think I'm keeping it at 140 for now.

Stay Safe.

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 10:02 Quote
140 seems like the max for that bike. Can't wait to get mine out, but it's still hardtail weather

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Solo riding XC trails, practicing social distancing and staying out of the gnarly fun stuff...for now.
Increased sag to 30% on the fox36, I think I'm keeping it at 140 for now.

Stay Safe.

photo

Hey all, just picked up a 2015 process 111 that a buddy of mine had bought for his gf before they broke up (very sad because she was a cool chick). Anyway, he got to keep the bike (bit less sad) but it's gone pretty much unused since fall 2018 and was barely used before then in the first place. Anything specific I should watch for when I run through my general maintenance check and tune? Had it out on the trail yesterday - alone obviously - and didn't notice anything, but I could've just been temporarily blinded by how much I love this bike! Holy hell it was a fun first ride.

P.S. Question(s) for mistermanny, what grips are you riding with there and is that the best storage solution for a spare tube you've found so far? Also to anyone else, storage solutions for phone, wallet, keys, tube/tools/co2? Not used to a dropper post infringing on my saddle bag space. Not a big deal if I have to go backpack though, I'm not too picky about extra weight or back-sweat if that's what it takes.

Hope everyone is safe and in good health!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.072309
Mobile Version of Website