Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
I almost sold my process, then decided ill keep it for a while longer. Its just too perfect for my trails. Just need a new bike for the big stuff haha

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
Great minds think alike Smile

My bigger bike is going to be a mullet Bird Aeris 145

Posted: Jun 29, 2020 at 7:35 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Great minds think alike Smile

My bigger bike is going to be a mullet Bird Aeris 145

Start a thread! I've very intersted in mullets.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
Staktup wrote:
2014 111 DL; compared with a '14 153. Pike is set to 140mm, and Monarch has a Debonair can.

111 vs. 153 2014

Just posted my 111 DL for sale on PB: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2826017/

Posted: Jul 16, 2020 at 9:10 Quote
I need to be completely honest here, I can not believe how wicked this bike is. I ditched the Ardents after a couple days at the bike park and realizing they just don't do the bike any justice. Enter a Minion DHF up front and Aggressor in the rear, and wow, it felt like the final piece to the puzzle.

I originally bought this frame thinking it would be a jack of all trades but master of none, but I am amazed at how well this thing rips my local trails, it is absolutely perfect. It was in a bit over its head at the bike park, but I'm sure the old tires likely played a role in that as well.

Posted: Jul 17, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
asteeves46 wrote:
I need to be completely honest here, I can not believe how wicked this bike is. I ditched the Ardents after a couple days at the bike park and realizing they just don't do the bike any justice. Enter a Minion DHF up front and Aggressor in the rear, and wow, it felt like the final piece to the puzzle.

I originally bought this frame thinking it would be a jack of all trades but master of none, but I am amazed at how well this thing rips my local trails, it is absolutely perfect. It was in a bit over its head at the bike park, but I'm sure the old tires likely played a role in that as well.

Yep, it can rip. Its definiltey not meant to be in the bike park, but it can hang pretty well for a bike with XC level travel, haha

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
If anyone is selling a small or medium frame please let me know!

Posted: Aug 5, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
Just curious if anyone else out there has noticed any issues with water getting into the frame at all? I've noticed after a few wet rides that water will drip out of the frame in a few spots with putting it into the work stand or storage rack.

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 19:16 Quote
Zero issues with water.

Still loving the Process for longer mellower days...Mullet Aeris for days with more Jank Cool

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
2017 Process 111 (XL), Monarch Debonair, Rockshox Pike up front, 29" Minion DHF's front (2.50) and rear (2.30). Just getting into the MTB scene here in the Springs after moving from FL last year, picked this up on PB from a guy in Idaho. I love this thing. Upgraded to a sunrace 46 tooth cassette, just rebuilt the air can, dropper, and rear hub (stock SLX pawl broke and froze, changed to an XT).

This bike is perfect for front range techy in-town parks like Ute Valley and Palmer Park, fast DH stuff in Cheyenne Canyon, and great for backcountry adventures. Put in 65 rides since purchasing in April, favorite ride so far was the Pikes Peak Plummet, shuttled to 11K feet and landed in Cheyenne Canyon 27 miles later..

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
I still wish I had mine at times. Really is a great bike.

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
Tell me your joking...you sold your process?

Recent changes to my 111:
Swapped the e13 for a raceface dropper.
Prefer the design over the preset height locations of the e13.
and
Replaced the front Zee calipers with Magura.
The Zees were good...the mt5s are much stronger.
Both the Aeris and Process have the same setup, mt5 front and slx rear.
Keeping the Shimano levers, as I'm not a fan of the plastic/carbon Magura levers.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 6:28 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Tell me your joking...you sold your process?

Recent changes to my 111:
Swapped the e13 for a raceface dropper.
Prefer the design over the preset height locations of the e13.
and
Replaced the front Zee calipers with Magura.
The Zees were good...the mt5s are much stronger.
Both the Aeris and Process have the same setup, mt5 front and slx rear.
Keeping the Shimano levers, as I'm not a fan of the plastic/carbon Magura levers.

I wanted a bike that was more park worthy as I moved from flat lands to mountains and couldn't afford to keep it and get a new bigger bike. I loved it, but have ridden it out here before and it felt a bit under-gunned on the chunk and wasn't really comfortable taking it off bigger stuff as I (hopefully) progress. Being non-boost I also wanted to sell it before it became a problem.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 9:33 Quote
Mine is now running on 140 travel and I’ll probably fit a slacker head set in the new year. I’ve thought about selling it recently to aid the funding of an ebike. My problem is that the 111 is the best bike/ most appropriate bike I ever owned and I feel like the grinch when it looks at me ! I’ve got a plus size hardtail too and I’m afraid I won’t ride either if I get an ebike.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 17:02 Quote
I heard bikes are going for a premium right now.
If you do decide to part with your 111, hope you get a good price.

Currently I'm not interested in an Ebike, but ask me again in 10yrs Razz

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010953
Mobile Version of Website