Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 1:17 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
I heard bikes are going for a premium right now.
If you do decide to part with your 111, hope you get a good price.

Currently I'm not interested in an Ebike, but ask me again in 10yrs Razz

Bikes are certainly premium here in the U.K.
last week I had a skip on the drive for building waste materials and someone put a vintage ladies bike in it ! I cleaned the rust off of it and put new handle bars on, pumped up the tyres and sold it on Facebook ! I had dozens of people wanting it.
I don’t really need an ebike yet but I’m the wrong side of 50 and they keep over taking me in the forest, but I’m in no hurry to sell the 111, it’s so good.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:26 Quote
Y’all are convincing me to repair the old girl. She has a broken bridge (

Out of curiosity. Anyone ever throw a 134 chain stay on their 111? Despite it being a bad idea or not, does anyone know if parts from one will fit the other?

I’ve got this idea to use a 134 chain stay -but 111 everything else- and have some kind of Frankenstein 127 (or... something).

I think the 134 were boost where as the 111 isn’t, but if that’s the biggest difference in compatibility, I’ll be happy.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 23:12 Quote
Hi,

I am going to buy a Process 111 2017.
Nearly unridden, and very good status.

But I am not sure about this one – is this standard paint-job of Kona? Confused

I am quite confused as there are not any rock-chips or any other indications of bike-usage at this bike and it look like new out of the box.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 6:23 Quote
Mine always looked a bit funky there, but that bubbling or whatever does seem a bit more substantial. If it hasn't been repainted you're probably fine. It's not flaking or anything?

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Maybe it has some touch-up paint?

Here are a few from my 2017...

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
Now that is an old school shock!

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 18:50 Quote
Fox shock was a backup, which ended-up feeling better then the Monarch Geek

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
Old isn't always bad.

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
Still very stoked on my Process 111 Big Grin

Views: 121    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
Anybody ever try mulleting their Process 111 and putting a 27.5 on the back?

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 15:21 Quote
I've thought about it on a few occasions. If I had access to the parts to give it a try I probably would have by now. The smaller rear wheel would obviously slacken the head angle more, and as modern geo is showing us, slacker is always better. The positives would definitely be apparent when you point it downhill, but I imagine it would have a fairly negative impact on any pedally bits. But I guess it's hard to say not knowing for sure ????

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
I have the parts knocking around to try it but probably I’ll fit a slackerizer headset and take 1 or 2 degrees out.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
asteeves46 wrote:
I've thought about it on a few occasions. If I had access to the parts to give it a try I probably would have by now. The smaller rear wheel would obviously slacken the head angle more, and as modern geo is showing us, slacker is always better. The positives would definitely be apparent when you point it downhill, but I imagine it would have a fairly negative impact on any pedally bits. But I guess it's hard to say not knowing for sure ????

That seat angle is gonna get slacker, which I wouldn't love, but would be fun on the downs I'm sure.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 12:26 Quote
I went negative 1.5 from works angle headsets on my 2017.

These should have been offered originally with a 66HTA Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018041
Mobile Version of Website