Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 7:01 Quote
Th3Bill wrote:

Very nice bike man. I'll admit I never got to ride the CCDB. It literally rained every day I was not working after I put it on (or so it seemed) until I changed bikes. I had always had an infatuation with the RIP 9 frame from Niner, so when it came back into what price range I wanted, I pulled the trigger. Removed the CCDB (as it'd never been ridden) for sale and am selling both shock and frame on here. Also selling the X-Fusion Trace HLR fork I had on the Kona. Really nice, but a bit too many settings for me...never could get it dialed in just right (16 clicks low, 16 of high, 32 of rebound). Got a DVO Diamond, and that sucker dialed in real nice Smile

Sell the CCDB to your friend and please give him some bars/stem Eek

I'll admit i've had visions of more travel dancing in my head as well ... GG Smash, Hightower types of bikes.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 7:08 Quote
sennaster wrote:
Th3Bill wrote:

Very nice bike man. I'll admit I never got to ride the CCDB. It literally rained every day I was not working after I put it on (or so it seemed) until I changed bikes. I had always had an infatuation with the RIP 9 frame from Niner, so when it came back into what price range I wanted, I pulled the trigger. Removed the CCDB (as it'd never been ridden) for sale and am selling both shock and frame on here. Also selling the X-Fusion Trace HLR fork I had on the Kona. Really nice, but a bit too many settings for me...never could get it dialed in just right (16 clicks low, 16 of high, 32 of rebound). Got a DVO Diamond, and that sucker dialed in real nice Smile

I'll admit i've had visions of more travel dancing in my head as well ... GG Smash, Hightower types of bikes.

or how about the new Kona 153 29er. I have had these thoughts as well heading into the bike park season. I am going to give the 111 a flogging and see how it holds up. the fork is back up to 140mm travel and I have a DHF 2.3 coming for the rear to replace the aggressor currently installed, that tire is like swiss cheese these days.

One of these days, I will buck up and buy a fox DPX2 for the 111 but then i think about a sentinel, or a 153, or a wreckoning... and then i remember I'm not a dentist.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
sennaster wrote:
JesseE wrote:
So I'm a bit of a rear suspension noob, but is that CCDB shock 111mm?

It’s all dependent on the shock and frame design. 184x44 shock on the process is 111mm of travel, but the same shock on an ibis Ripley is 120mm

Where do they calculate the travel, back axel ? Considering mine has been warrantied already I don't doubt that I'll be wanting something different down the road. Thanks for the info.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 8:07 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
sennaster wrote:
Th3Bill wrote:

or how about the new Kona 153 29er. I have had these thoughts as well heading into the bike park season. I am going to give the 111 a flogging and see how it holds up. the fork is back up to 140mm travel and I have a DHF 2.3 coming for the rear to replace the aggressor currently installed, that tire is like swiss cheese these days.

One of these days, I will buck up and buy a fox DPX2 for the 111 but then i think about a sentinel, or a 153, or a wreckoning... and then i remember I'm not a dentist.

I can't help but think that Kona will offer up a bike more equivalent to the 111 for 2019. The 111 had so many good reviews and the reality is that lots of us want decent angles without significant travel. This bike is a great bike for a post-hardtail rider.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 9:16 Quote
JesseE wrote:
sennaster wrote:
JesseE wrote:
So I'm a bit of a rear suspension noob, but is that CCDB shock 111mm?

It’s all dependent on the shock and frame design. 184x44 shock on the process is 111mm of travel, but the same shock on an ibis Ripley is 120mm

Where do they calculate the travel, back axel ? Considering mine has been warrantied already I don't doubt that I'll be wanting something different down the road. Thanks for the info.

Yes, it’s the travel of the axle path

If you get something else it’ll have to be a 184x44 shock to fit ( that’s eye to eye and stroke )

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
As said previously, shocks in this size (184x44) are limited.
Fox dps, dpx2
Rockshox monarch rt, rt3
Came creek in-line air
And a few others (xfusion, Suntour, etc)

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 13:19 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
As said previously, shocks in this size (184x44) are limited.
Fox dps, dpx2
Rockshox monarch rt, rt3
Came creek in-line air
And a few others (xfusion, Suntour, etc)

That's doesn't sound limited to me, haha.

I'm loving this bike right now. Feels like mine now. I've got a large and at times it feels long, but I'm not sure if that is just compared to old bikes or if it's something I need to address. A cm or two off the stem might be better, but it's not urgent. Bike is still fun to pop off stuff, but it's quite planted going down with that long wheelbase and stretched out cockpit. Also, truth be told my stem kinda matches my cranks and they dont' make a shorter one, haha.

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 18:23 Quote
sennaster wrote:
Th3Bill wrote:

Well, he's down to a 60mm KCNC he got off me. LOL

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb16164746/p3pb16164746.jpg

2014 process 111 with hope kit.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 15:31 Quote
Process 111 + hope kit.[/PI]Ω
MadPaddy wrote:

Process 111 hope kit.

here you go... nice ride, looks like sorting out the housing and hoses is in order. Seem long

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 6:23 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Process 111 + hope kit.[/PI]Ω
MadPaddy wrote:

Process 111 hope kit.

here you go... nice ride, looks like sorting out the housing and hoses is in order. Seem long

Love the frame protection!

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 4:58 Quote
Thanks man. Yeah bike needs a little tidying up.

Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 13:22 Quote
Anyone running a shorter travel 100mm fork? If so, what’s your thoughts?

I have a Fox 32 Stepcast 100mm was thinking about building mine up with that? Or selling it and getting a 120-130mm something?

2016 Process 111

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
Get a 130-140. I tried 120 for a month or two and regretted the choice. Can’t imagine how the 100 would feel. 120 just felt jittery and unstable at speed... 140 lays things back and makes everything right! But it all depends on your riding.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027663
Mobile Version of Website