Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
Author Message
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 5:29 Quote
My 2017 111 has a 170mm Lyric stuffed under it. This was initially done just as a test because I had the brand new Fork sitting in the garage. The bike rides so well with the170mm Fork on it I have never taken it off. Truly the closest bike I have ever built to a quiver killer. I have no idea what my head Angle now is but it has turned this bike into the best riding bike I have ever owned. I also have several years experience with the process 134 and 153. The 111 specs with the 170 Mill Fork is my go-to Enduro downhill cross-country gravel grind bike. I love the bike with a giant fork on the front of it. Right or wrong it flies like a world-class fighter jet and sticks to the trail like the world's fastest bullet train.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
micah356 wrote:
Here is my 111 in its latest form, now with the fork at 140mm and a 1 degree Works headset. The combination of those two mods should have the head angle at 66 degrees, while keeping the rest of the bike with a couple mm's of stock. I also added a bottle cage in the correct location.

slacked

Hope to do something similar on my future process.
A slacker HTA (and maybe an upgraded shock) is all that's missing to make the process 111 perfect for my local trails.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
oldtech wrote:
My 2017 111 has a 170mm Lyric stuffed under it. This was initially done just as a test because I had the brand new Fork sitting in the garage. The bike rides so well with the170mm Fork on it I have never taken it off. Truly the closest bike I have ever built to a quiver killer. I have no idea what my head Angle now is but it has turned this bike into the best riding bike I have ever owned. I also have several years experience with the process 134 and 153. The 111 specs with the 170 Mill Fork is my go-to Enduro downhill cross-country gravel grind bike. I love the bike with a giant fork on the front of it. Right or wrong it flies like a world-class fighter jet and sticks to the trail like the world's fastest bullet train.

Cool, let’s see some pics with that 170 on it

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
So whats a 65.4 HTA 2017 Process 111 like?


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
So whats a 65.4 HTA 2017 Process 111 like?


What spreadsheet is this?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
Spreadsheet is from https://bikegeo.muha.cc

You plug-in the numbers on the left...the right side fields are automatically generated.
Relatively accurate way to view changes to geometry from a new suspension fork or angle headset changes.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Spreadsheet is from https://bikegeo.muha.cc

You plug-in the numbers on the left...the right side fields are automatically generated.
Relatively accurate way to view changes to geometry from a new suspension fork or angle headset changes.

I've had fun with this one: https://www.bikegeocalc.com

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
Staktup wrote:
oldtech wrote:
My 2017 111 has a 170mm Lyric stuffed under it. This was initially done just as a test because I had the brand new Fork sitting in the garage. The bike rides so well with the170mm Fork on it I have never taken it off. Truly the closest bike I have ever built to a quiver killer. I have no idea what my head Angle now is but it has turned this bike into the best riding bike I have ever owned. I also have several years experience with the process 134 and 153. The 111 specs with the 170 Mill Fork is my go-to Enduro downhill cross-country gravel grind bike. I love the bike with a giant fork on the front of it. Right or wrong it flies like a world-class fighter jet and sticks to the trail like the world's fastest bullet train.

Cool, let’s see some pics with that 170 on it

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:27 Quote
Staktup wrote:
oldtech wrote:
My 2017 111 has a 170mm Lyric stuffed under it. This was initially done just as a test because I had the brand new Fork sitting in the garage. The bike rides so well with the170mm Fork on it I have never taken it off. Truly the closest bike I have ever built to a quiver killer. I have no idea what my head Angle now is but it has turned this bike into the best riding bike I have ever owned. I also have several years experience with the process 134 and 153. The 111 specs with the 170 Mill Fork is my go-to Enduro downhill cross-country gravel grind bike. I love the bike with a giant fork on the front of it. Right or wrong it flies like a world-class fighter jet and sticks to the trail like the world's fastest bullet train.

Cool, let’s see some pics with that 170 on it

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

It is incredible.... Fit is very similar to the 111 but with the added benefit of a better seat angle for climbing. The suspension platform is so buttery, the bearings on the upper linkage make the shock breakaway so smoothly. The X2 is a different beast, holy hell is it nice. I loved the 111 but man, this is a whole new level!

A whole new level...really?

I worry a 153 will be too much of a brawler.
I don't think my local trails need a 160mm fork...but maybe I'm missing something.

What do you guys think (stumpy ST with 120/140):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U87p-Txfre-Dni8e5FE6fRAlFnxkOvpg

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
I live in the area that bred it.. Washington born bike for Washington trails...

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
Staktup wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

It is incredible.... Fit is very similar to the 111 but with the added benefit of a better seat angle for climbing. The suspension platform is so buttery, the bearings on the upper linkage make the shock breakaway so smoothly. The X2 is a different beast, holy hell is it nice. I loved the 111 but man, this is a whole new level!

Sweet, I have the Float X2 on mine as well after getting one for my ole 26er V10, and butter and other similar dairy products come to mind when I think about these shocks.

BK- where'd ya get the black rocker? Looks cool. I liked how the Gen 1, 2014+ Process models had black chain and seat stays...

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 18:46 Quote
Just picked this up and loving it!
Rounds out my Process collection (134, 153, 167 and 111)



15 Kona Process 111

16 Kona Process 111

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
slope wrote:
Just picked this up and loving it!
Rounds out my Process collection (134, 153, 167 and 111)



15 Kona Process 111

nice! how long is that fork?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026538
Mobile Version of Website