Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 111 Builds - Post 'em up!
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 5:29 Quote
My 2017 111 has a 170mm Lyric stuffed under it. This was initially done just as a test because I had the brand new Fork sitting in the garage. The bike rides so well with the170mm Fork on it I have never taken it off. Truly the closest bike I have ever built to a quiver killer. I have no idea what my head Angle now is but it has turned this bike into the best riding bike I have ever owned. I also have several years experience with the process 134 and 153. The 111 specs with the 170 Mill Fork is my go-to Enduro downhill cross-country gravel grind bike. I love the bike with a giant fork on the front of it. Right or wrong it flies like a world-class fighter jet and sticks to the trail like the world's fastest bullet train.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
micah356 wrote:
Here is my 111 in its latest form, now with the fork at 140mm and a 1 degree Works headset. The combination of those two mods should have the head angle at 66 degrees, while keeping the rest of the bike with a couple mm's of stock. I also added a bottle cage in the correct location.

slacked

Hope to do something similar on my future process.
A slacker HTA (and maybe an upgraded shock) is all that's missing to make the process 111 perfect for my local trails.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
oldtech wrote:
My 2017 111 has a 170mm Lyric stuffed under it. This was initially done just as a test because I had the brand new Fork sitting in the garage. The bike rides so well with the170mm Fork on it I have never taken it off. Truly the closest bike I have ever built to a quiver killer. I have no idea what my head Angle now is but it has turned this bike into the best riding bike I have ever owned. I also have several years experience with the process 134 and 153. The 111 specs with the 170 Mill Fork is my go-to Enduro downhill cross-country gravel grind bike. I love the bike with a giant fork on the front of it. Right or wrong it flies like a world-class fighter jet and sticks to the trail like the world's fastest bullet train.

Cool, let’s see some pics with that 170 on it

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
So whats a 65.4 HTA 2017 Process 111 like?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
So whats a 65.4 HTA 2017 Process 111 like?

What spreadsheet is this?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
Spreadsheet is from https://bikegeo.muha.cc

You plug-in the numbers on the left...the right side fields are automatically generated.
Relatively accurate way to view changes to geometry from a new suspension fork or angle headset changes.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Spreadsheet is from https://bikegeo.muha.cc

You plug-in the numbers on the left...the right side fields are automatically generated.
Relatively accurate way to view changes to geometry from a new suspension fork or angle headset changes.

I've had fun with this one: https://www.bikegeocalc.com

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
Staktup wrote:
oldtech wrote:

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 7:27 Quote
Staktup wrote:
oldtech wrote:

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:

It is incredible.... Fit is very similar to the 111 but with the added benefit of a better seat angle for climbing. The suspension platform is so buttery, the bearings on the upper linkage make the shock breakaway so smoothly. The X2 is a different beast, holy hell is it nice. I loved the 111 but man, this is a whole new level!

A whole new level...really?

I worry a 153 will be too much of a brawler.
I don't think my local trails need a 160mm fork...but maybe I'm missing something.

What do you guys think (stumpy ST with 120/140):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U87p-Txfre-Dni8e5FE6fRAlFnxkOvpg

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
I live in the area that bred it.. Washington born bike for Washington trails...

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
Staktup wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

It is incredible.... Fit is very similar to the 111 but with the added benefit of a better seat angle for climbing. The suspension platform is so buttery, the bearings on the upper linkage make the shock breakaway so smoothly. The X2 is a different beast, holy hell is it nice. I loved the 111 but man, this is a whole new level!

Sweet, I have the Float X2 on mine as well after getting one for my ole 26er V10, and butter and other similar dairy products come to mind when I think about these shocks.

BK- where'd ya get the black rocker? Looks cool. I liked how the Gen 1, 2014+ Process models had black chain and seat stays...

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 18:46 Quote
Just picked this up and loving it!
Rounds out my Process collection (134, 153, 167 and 111)

15 Kona Process 111

16 Kona Process 111

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
slope wrote:
Just picked this up and loving it!
Rounds out my Process collection (134, 153, 167 and 111)

15 Kona Process 111

nice! how long is that fork?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025857
Mobile Version of Website