Home Made Shoes

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 14:00 Quote
Hey Pinkbikers,

I recently launched a new project that is a modular DIY shoe. The treads and frame are 3D printed, the carbon core is made using a printed mold, and the uppers were sewn on an old domestic machine. It's just a start, but I'm hoping to grow the idea a little with some collaborators. Comment or send a message if you want to get involved! Bonus points if you're in or around Vancouver!

Follow along on Instagram

Hackaday Finalist (build log, instructions)

N Homemade shoe what it do. nplus.bike on Instagram
N Homemade shoe what it do. nplus.bike on Instagram
The first prototype tread was a nice wide aggressive platform printed with TPU

I'm in the process of optimizing the design a little, playing through some iterations. Unfortunately, it's not really easy to adjust at this moment so I'm working on getting that dialed in. If you're around a US 10 this could work for you.

Thanks for checking it out

Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 17:39 Quote
Is it designed to have a flexible sole or one more stiff?

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
cortosis2009 wrote:
Is it designed to have a flexible sole or one more stiff?

It's made with a flexible material, but the carbon core makes it stiffer on the pedals. The toe can flex for walking.
This first design was focused on more of a bikepack shoe, where you have to hike-a-bike but also need a shoe that can pedal all day without hurting the foot. Having a little bit of toe flex means you can still get a little curl over the pedals for that magic feel.

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 9:00 Quote
Makes sense. I like the modular idea for sure, I'd be very curious to see how it feels.

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 9:03 Quote
Interesting...

Looking good.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 9:15 Quote
I think this is a a really cool concept, I have a thing for modular gear.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.091431
Mobile Version of Website