ACL Tear and CTI knee brace

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
ACL Tear and CTI knee brace
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 3:19 Quote
Hey you all. I'm riding 6 years now with a complete ACL tear. (doing DH, freeride, jumps etc) without much trouble.
But when things go 'wrong' or bailing on a jump the knee occasionally 'shifts' and hurts for like 1 week.

I am thinking riding with a knee brace. Does anyone have experience with this?

thank you!

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 2:05 Quote
Shouldn't you be looking at getting that fixed? It's a very common injury with footballers and the repair is pretty much procedural these days. Continuing as you are won't improve things.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 9:25 Quote
I'm glad to hear that it only hurts for a week! I ruptured my ACL playing football (soccer) in 2008. Then had a big OTB on Sunday and have been in pain since. I'm booked in for an MRI and some physio, mostly as a precaution.

Once my knee is back up to strength I will continue to ride, but I don't see the point in a knee brace (I already wear normal knee pads), but interested in hearing other peoples experiences.

I was advised that unless I was doing a lot of sport like football, I would be better off strengthening the muscles around the knee, rather than having an operation.

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 10:09 Quote
I've torn both ACLs and had them repaired. I've been using moto braces ever since the 2nd one. I wouldn't ride DH anymore without them. I'm surprised I don't see more people using them. I have the Leatts now but used to use Axis.

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 15:00 Quote
It's better late than never. The knee brace won't help you. Structurally you're better off strengthening the musculature.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009063
Mobile Version of Website