Wreckoning vs Rallon vs Sentinel vs Smash

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Wreckoning vs Rallon vs Sentinel vs Smash
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
I am looking at potentially upgrading my 2013 rip9 to something with more modern geometry and more travel as my riding focus has shifted from epic backcountry rides to shorter downhill focused ones. I am 6'3" and 200lbs geared up, ride a mix of Seattle area trails with trips to bellingham, BC and OR mixed in. Looking for something with more travel and a longer reach for aggressive riding while still pedaling well enough for long climbs.. My riding style has traditionally been all about speed but I am looking for a bike that is a bit on the playful side to add some more fun.
Anyone have experience with 1 or more of these bikes? Can I go wrong with any of these options? I am looking to set up a demo on the Evil and possible the Transition as well. Budget says the evil would be used, al bikes I could swing new and the rallon would mainly be if I can work a shop hook up deal.

Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 18:36 Quote
f*ck off and do your research yourself... Do I look like google to you?

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
Shockingly I have googled this and am looking for more real ride reports. Reviews of these bikes are hard to find, there is not a wreckoning review from a reputable source, pink bike rode the transition and said it was a pure plow bike and vital rode the GG but there were minimal comparisons within the group. Luckily, I live close to evil and transition so I am hoping to test ride those.

mollow wrote:
f*ck off and do your research yourself... Do I look like google to you?

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
I've got a Wreckoning and it's really good up and down.

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 17:25 Quote
Wow, way to be a dick to someone looking for real world experience which is what these forums are for.

So I’d definitely give GG a big thumbs up. Though I have a Shred Dogg, the frames have a lot of similarities. I have minimal pedal bob while climbing even in gravity mode (leave it there pretty much all the time now). As you said, any of these will be good, but the ability to customize with GG and their level of support after the sale is nothing short of amazing. I went overboard on my build from what I had planned (I9 wheels, Zee brakes, Ribbon fork, f* yeah blue) and still came in under $4500. Weight is just a hair over 29lbs currently. Go raw aluminum, and their basic wheel and you can keep it under $4k pretty easily. I do recommend the Ribbon fork. This thing is better then any I have ridden before. Eats up rock gardens so well. Add a little compression and take it to the jump line, no problem. If you can swing the extra money, the I9 Enduro S wheels are well worth the money. Have about 500 miles on them and still running straight. Best corner feel I’ve had yet. Can only imagine how good their other wheels are.

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 1:04 Quote
I wouldn’t buy a used Evil (unless the warranty is transferrable, which I don’t think it is), although it will probably be one of the most playful bike of those four. The Sentinel is by all accounts a point it down and smash it sort of bike, and the Rallon, I think, will be extremely quick and capable but again I’m not sure if it is going to have a playful side for when you’re just wanting to mess around as it looks a bit too ‘Enduro serious’. The GG is an interesting choice, and if it wasn’t going to cost so much to import one to the UK I’d have a smash on my top 5 list of new frames to consider, and I reckon those short 430mm stays should help keep it feeling lively and make it easy to manual, which might make it the most fun to ride.

Just my 2 pence (cents) worth, but good to choice to have Smile

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
Got a far too short (wasted half my time with the bike stuck in traffic) ride in on a wreckoning this week. I liked the rear suspension and it felt very playful while still climbing well, but the XL demo had a 35mm stem which felt way too short. How will this bike ride with a 50mm stem on it, seems like it should slow the steering a touch and make it easier to weight the front with no big downsides. I wish the XL reach was in the 490-500 range so that might steer me towards one of the other options.
A trip to Bellingham to ride a sentinel is on the docket, but the snow is calling so not sure when it will happen.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
Give us news about the Sentinel if you ever try it before winter please! I thought this bike would be playful, poppy, etc but doesn't seems at all... Frown If I ever go with a 29er, it must be otherwise I'll keep riding 27.5!

By the way, didn't find any 2018 Patrol full review but geo wise it is pretty the same as the Sentinel so I can only imagine it would be the same type of bike than the Sentinel... Am I right??? Frown

They are a pretty good deal at 4000$ us!

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 22:42 Quote
And the sentinel doesn't seem playful/poppy at all?? What reviews have you been reading?

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 10:55 Quote
Either or will be good. Don't mind the dick above that told you to google it. You don't want advice from a hack like him anyway. I have the wreckoning and it's the best bike I've ever owned. Climbs well and descends better. It's playful yet trucks through rough stuff too. I'm going into my 3rd season with it and no problems. That frame has been through everything too and still perfect. Bike parks, local trails etc etc..... That said, I love the sentinel and thinking about it for my next ride. I'm interested to see what the sbg is all about. the concept makes sense and I've talked to others that have said it corners like a dream. Surprisingly enough, they say it is pretty playful too but it does plow through the rough stuff as well. They are both great bikes and great companies.... And 29ers are where it's at! Killer Picks!!!! Good luck!!!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012632
Mobile Version of Website