Smith Squad goggles - dust/mud a problem?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Smith Squad goggles - dust/mud a problem?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 10:32 Quote
Looking at ordering some Smith Squads to replace my old Mayhem MX goggles as the foam is toast and lens scratched. One problem I have with my Mayhem (since foam is missing) is on dusty/muddy days in Whistler, debris and flies can get into the goggle which is distracting/dangerous.

The Squad was designed not to have foam which I find odd for an MTB goggle. Anyone had issues with dust/mud/flies getting in through the gaps?

They are so much cheaper than Oakley, and I prefer Smith's ski goggles so I wanted to give them a try.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 13:19 Quote
I had the same doubts about the Squads before I got them, but I had no issues with the dust getting in. And this was on one of the driest/dustiest days I’ve seen in Whistler. It’s a really great product.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 14:27 Quote
stuffy1122 wrote:
I had the same doubts about the Squads before I got them, but I had no issues with the dust getting in. And this was on one of the driest/dustiest days I’ve seen in Whistler. It’s a really great product.

Perfect, thanks man.

I got dust/dirt in my eyes many times in Whistler this summer through my torn up Oakleys. It was so damn dry.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 14:35 Quote
gramboh wrote:
stuffy1122 wrote:

Perfect, thanks man.

I got dust/dirt in my eyes many times in Whistler this summer through my torn up Oakleys. It was so damn dry.

It was insane! My wheels washed out in the dust and I broke my wrist when I last went. But the goggles did really well.

Posted: Nov 5, 2017 at 6:10 Quote
They let dust in. I no longer wear them for this reason.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 18:55 Quote
I have the squads as well and have used them in the mud with no problems. I purchased them after dust season was over so no testing in those conditions. I wonder how hard it would be to add some think foam to the bottom to solve this problem?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008700
Mobile Version of Website