new mach 6

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
new mach 6
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 19:04 Quote
Has anyone actually been able to ride new mach 6 (201Cool . No reviews or anything?

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2017 at 7:36 Quote
This fall in Moab, I was able to ride the new Mach 6, Kona 153, Ibis HD4, and Trans Patrol in that order in the same day running the same loops over and over, all day.

My thoughts:

Cornering: Hands down the Patrol with 26" crown offset fork - see corner, throw bike, make sandwiches, repeat. One of the best 160 travel bikes i've ever had the pleasure of riding.

Fun: HD4, super poppy, confidence inspiring, excellent peddler, and just fun, and more fun.

Sense of ability to destroy all things in front of you: Kona hands down. Frame feels as stiff as a truck. Great all rounder.

Best peddler and combination of the above traits: Mach 6

The 6 Peddles like a beast, and descends in a business like ( though fun ), predictable manner. It's a bit more damped than the HD4.. It is more comfy at higher speeds in chunder. I race in the Scott enduro cup and the BME, so I would go with the Mach 6. The 6 is fun enough for regular trail work, but put it into hits, and go mode, and it's on. That little bit of damping helps to keep the rig settled in a way that allows it to disappear underneath you at pace. If I was not racing, I might go with the HD4.

For reference, I raced a Yeti Sb5.5 this year. Great bike but too plowy in race kit ( DD tires, etc...).

Like all things, YMMV but if any of this helps then good on you. Loams 20 minute video review hits it on the head, it's a phenomenal bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007824
Mobile Version of Website