Shimano XT M8000 Derrailleur on Sram cassette

PB Forum :: Shimano
Shimano XT M8000 Derrailleur on Sram cassette
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 7:00 Quote
I bought a Shimano XT M8000 long cage derrailleur yesterday and set it up on my Cube Stereo with a XT shifter and a Sram cassette (also a new shifter cable), everything was fine, no problems with running the chain on the cassette with the diffrent branded derrailleur in the stand, but when I got it outside and did a testrun, everytime I put the power down in the third and second highest gear it felt as if it skipped a couple of tooth and jumped back on. If I looked at the chain when it did this, there was no movement, it was just a loud cracking noise and my pedals skipped a bit.

The derrailleur also can't reace the lowest cog on my cassette Frown

I read a forum here on pinkbike of someone who runs a shimano derrailleur on a sram cassette with no problem, the owner of the local bikeshop also mentioned it was no problem to run a shimano derrailleur on a sram cassette.

Is this fixable or do I have to buy a new driver body with a Shimano cassette?

I cant find out what it is, so maybe you guys can help me?!

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 7:24 Quote
there are H and L marked screws on your derailleur, put it in the middle gear and use the screws to adjust it so everything is perfectly lined up. then go down to your lowest gear, and use the screws to adjust it so that you can get to the low gear, and then go to the high gear and adjust. should be fine after you do this.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
I already did but it doesn't solve my problem. That's why i don't know what's going on now.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 13:36 Quote
Maybe try adjusting your cable then. my last bike had a sram cassette and an xt derailleur, couldn’t get into first gear, never used the highest gear so sacrificed ability to shift up for ability to shift into low.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007806
Mobile Version of Website