B9er thread

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
B9er Evolink
Pole Evolink 140 b9er

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 5:30 Quote
tene wrote:
B9er Evolink
Pole Evolink 140 b9er

How does it ride? Its made for 29" both ends, right? stock fork?

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 10:58 Quote
The fork is dual position air Pike and it has 160mm and 130mm length modes. I am waiting 150mm solo air Pike to arrive and continue testing the b9er setup with it and report more after that. Until then I ride the bike in the original setup with 29er wheels.

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 7:10 Quote
Now the Evolink 140 b9er setup is ready.

Mods for the original setup:
- 29" rear wheel to a 27.5" wheel
- 160mm dpa fork for a 150mm solo air fork
- 175mm cranks -> 170mm cranks
- 200x57mm shock to a 203x62mm shock
- 2mm offset bushing in to the upper eyelet which lengthens the shock to a 205mm.

This gives a ~346mm bbh and dont't change the angles too much.
It is winter now in Finland and the trails are covered with snow. I have Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro 29 x 2.25 in the front and 27.5 x 2.6 ISP in the back.
With this setup I rode yesterday a segment in -9°C and was surprised from the PR-time. So the mods seems already to work.

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
Martin Maes won the first EWS of 2019 with b9er GT! Interesting to see how many mullet bikes will podium in EWS and WCDH later this year...

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
latest up date to my b9er

photo
photo

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
latest up date to my b9er

photo
photo

That is some bike!
Very nice looking and unique setup.

How is the Rock Razor working in front?

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
What do you guys think of making a b9er of the gt force 2019. Would it be good to go after just swapping to a 29'er fork and wheel?(Still 160mm travel). Alot of reviews is saying the front end feels a little bit low(stock 27,5), so putting a 29 wheel and fork would probaly just help this. Obviously bb height will be higher, head angle slacker, seat tube angle slacker and a bit shorter reach. Is any of the things mentioned above going to change too much or will the bike probaly feel just fine? If so, what are possible modifivations to fix the geometry?

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
Fastbiker1998 wrote:
What do you guys think of making a b9er of the gt force 2019. Would it be good to go after just swapping to a 29'er fork and wheel?(Still 160mm travel). Alot of reviews is saying the front end feels a little bit low(stock 27,5), so putting a 29 wheel and fork would probaly just help this. Obviously bb height will be higher, head angle slacker, seat tube angle slacker and a bit shorter reach. Is any of the things mentioned above going to change too much or will the bike probaly feel just fine? If so, what are possible modifivations to fix the geometry?

I think that the bike will slacken too much with those modifications. Maybe 140mm 29er fork would be in the sweet spot for that bike. There are examples in this thread for swapping bigger fork & wheel in 27.5 bike.

O+ FL
Posted: May 9, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
Hey folks. I have a 2017 Scott Genius LT Plus. I think it's basically a 29er front triangle with a rear triangle redesigned to accommodate the plus sized wheel. A flip chip provides adjustable geometry with a high and low position.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/scott-genius-lt-700-tuned-plus-review-2016.html

I am currently riding the low setting with 650b+ wheels, however, I am excited to throw a 29er front wheel on this weekend. If i leave the bike in the low setting, a 29er front wheel should slacken both my head tube and seat tube angles as well as lower my bottom bracket height. Is that correct? Just trying to figure out how to optimize my geometry and determine if I should move the bike into the high position when changing front wheels.

Thanks in advance! I'll be sure to post pictures sometime next week.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
TerrapinBen wrote:
Hey folks. I have a 2017 Scott Genius LT Plus. I think it's basically a 29er front triangle with a rear triangle redesigned to accommodate the plus sized wheel. A flip chip provides adjustable geometry with a high and low position.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/scott-genius-lt-700-tuned-plus-review-2016.html

I am currently riding the low setting with 650b+ wheels, however, I am excited to throw a 29er front wheel on this weekend. If i leave the bike in the low setting, a 29er front wheel should slacken both my head tube and seat tube angles as well as lower my bottom bracket height. Is that correct? Just trying to figure out how to optimize my geometry and determine if I should move the bike into the high position when changing front wheels.

Thanks in advance! I'll be sure to post pictures sometime next week.

Changing the front wheel to a 29er will slacken the angles and raise your BBH.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
I am working on my supreme sx 180mm. Sourced a fox 36 coil 170mm 29er fork.

O+ FL
Posted: May 10, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
back-country Genius w a Mullet

We'll see how she handles.... Ride report to follow in a week or so.

Edit: First impressions after one ride this weekend - Pretty fun. More precision up front, and all the traction in the world out back. It *feels* just a hair slacker and like the BB is a tad higher, which is an improvement in my opinion. I should probably try to actually qualify these with a tape measure, but feeling good is half the battle right? The most noticeable difference for me was moving from a high volume plus tire to a regular tire. After riding the plus tires for so long, a 29x2.3 feels like a pizza slicer on the front of the bike! I think in the future I'd like to try a 650bx2.6 on the rear of the bike.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 3:05 Quote
Enduro World Series Madeira 2019 bikes
Martin Maes racing bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023596
Mobile Version of Website