Light combinations.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Light combinations.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2017 at 0:34 Quote
Hi,

Outline:
I am looking to get into night riding and to do so will obviously need some lights. Initially i was reluctant to spend silly money on the lights but since speaking to some contacts I have been able to source lights for cost, so a massive saving. Therefore i can look at buying an 'expensive' light and reap the benefits whilst not spending silly money. Between 35 and 65% off depending on the model.
I have considered 'Chinese' lights, but due to the above, there is no real need.

My choices are.

Exposure Joystick Mk12
Exposure Mk9 Diablo
Hope R4+ (can get the R8+ but its OTT for what i need really)
Gemini Duo (can get the titan but OTT again)

I know i want an exposure on my head. To me the joystick isnt quite bright enough, so the Diablo is a much better option.

In terms of a bar light, i need something with a decent spread. I am unsure if the Hope has a wider spread than the exposures?
I like the idea of having the battery in the unit which the exposure's do have, however the downside is the shorter battery life. (i know i can get the extra batteries and tape to the lamp - 1.7 and 3.4)

The other option is to just buy 2 diablo's and 2 extra batteries!

How would you play it?

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 at 13:02 Quote
I battled with this decision for quite some time. Ended up getting 2 Hope R4+, one for the bars and one for the lid. Very happy!

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 14:25 Quote
Ok so suppose that $200 bucks is to much. What would you look at then?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008105
Mobile Version of Website