E bike sightings

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 23:29 Quote
[Quote="sewer-rat"]
rabidmonkfish wrote:

BTW!! Respect for the AP1!!!

cheers.

sorry to hear about your health scare. hope all is well now.

my main standpoint on ebikes is that im concerned that it will not be handled properly and in 5 years time the only good bike will be an ebike. I dont believe it will bring more options or choice the manufacturers will do what they did to 26" wheeled bikes and just obsolete them. Thats my biggest concern with ebikes.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 0:18 Quote
[Quote="sewer-rat"]
BenPea wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:

Frig me! Alarm bells at all?

Yeah buddy, seeing the cardiologist on Wednesday so hopefully will be back to work and riding soon Beer

Cool that you're keeping upbeat! (honestly no pun intended...). Godspeed.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
dannyfag wrote:
My next bike will be an ebike. I have ridden for 40 years from a trike, to budgie, to chopper, to Bmx racing and freestyle, mountain biking in the late 80s xc to Dh and back to "enduro"... etc.... I just love riding and I will always have a standard mountain bike and road bike, but for my trips to Wales and Lake district etc, I can now get a bike that gives me the possibility to cover lots of trails in less days...... And as most of us who are older are cash rich ( im not rich, but don`t have to save 6 months to buy a new tyre ) and time poor, these bikes make perfect sense. I always show respect on my bike, slowing for walkers, not tearing round blind bends etc... The same rules apply to an ebike of course.

They will be huge in a few years from now, it has already started so just accept the next chapter of biking.... You may just like it.

Being almost 70, an ebike makes perfect sense. I too am poor, and have to save for most mtb stuff, or buy used parts. I can definitely see an emtb in my future.Wink

Yep, my Dad rode alot until he was 65 then seemed to tail off. I pushed him into getting an ebike after meeting a 70 year old on one... He now loves it and rides all the time, at 72 years old. He can now even join our trips away to the big mountains.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018218
Mobile Version of Website