Why are indoor bike parks not more popular?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Why are indoor bike parks not more popular?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
Hey guys, curious what everyone's opinion is why indoor bike parks are not more popular?

Not just a skate park, but an indoor park like Rays MTB Park with dirt jumps and what not?

Being from Minnesota I see an absolute need for an year-round indoor MTB/DJ/Skate park.

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 at 8:34 Quote
jkelm wrote:
Hey guys, curious what everyone's opinion is why indoor bike parks are not more popular?

Not just a skate park, but an indoor park like Rays MTB Park with dirt jumps and what not?

Being from Minnesota I see an absolute need for an year-round indoor MTB/DJ/Skate park.

because very few people are willing to pay $ to ride their bikes...
my understanding is rays isnt sustainable from daily customers, they rely heavily on industry support, part of why their Milwaukee location closed up

have you checked out the factory? they cater more to the bmx/park crowd but are actively adding to their trails/dj/pumptrack section and trying to get more involved with the mtb side, its a cool place with good people and worth checking out

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 at 9:11 Quote
forty0 wrote:
my understanding is rays isnt sustainable from daily customers, they rely heavily on industry support, part of why their Milwaukee location closed up

have you checked out the factory? they cater more to the bmx/park crowd but are actively adding to their trails/dj/pumptrack section and trying to get more involved with the mtb side, its a cool place with good people and worth checking out

I have checked out the factory online but there is no mention of trail/dj/pumptrack

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 at 15:14 Quote
jkelm wrote:
forty0 wrote:

I have checked out the factory online but there is no mention of trail/dj/pumptrack

heres a vid of a friend of a friend from friday that shows the current setup, the purple room is the standard park side, but a few clips show the natural wood area which is a more trails/pumptrack/dj style loop, they are expanding this side a lot and will be completely redoing it over winter

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 6:59 Quote
Looks like I will definitely be checking out the Factory soon! Just need a DJ bike! What is walk-in for the day pricing like?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004574
Mobile Version of Website