Planning 2018 trip to BC

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Planning 2018 trip to BC
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
Im planning a trip to BC next summer looking for suggestions for rides along the corridor from Calgary to Revelstoke.

Average to decent 49 year old rider , race regularly , but sure probably won't help with altitude being a flat lander from Ontario

Renting a SUV but coming solo so need rides that don't need a shuttle or if they do the ride on a road isn't that bad.
Or trails that have shuttle services nearby.
Also maybe 2-4 hour length trails.
Are there good shop rides that are worth a visit.

What I want to to

whistler -Mystic trail

revelstoke ( probably spend 2-3 days here)
-frisbee ridge
-martha trail
-Ultimately Heli to Mt Cartier

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
Haven't ridden a ton in that area but I would add:

Golden: Take the gondola up and ride T4 -> LSD -> Canyon trail. Pretty epic ride with some hike a bike.
Exshaw: Razor's Edge (goes down to the highway, would need two vehicles or long ride back to start). Looks cool and fun on videos I've seen.

Other than that, I would just spend more time in Revy and other BC spots.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
You put corridor from Calgary to revelstoke then have whistler listed on what you want to do? Are you actually planning on Calgary to Vancouver, pretty common for people to do a fly in Calgary fly out Vancouver or vise versa

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 19:18 Quote
Croft1 wrote:
Im planning a trip to BC next summer looking for suggestions for rides along the corridor from Calgary to Revelstoke.

Average to decent 49 year old rider , race regularly , but sure probably won't help with altitude being a flat lander from Ontario

Renting a SUV but coming solo so need rides that don't need a shuttle or if they do the ride on a road isn't that bad.

What I want to to

whistler -Mystic trail

-frisbee ridge
-martha trail

you definitely need to ride in the Okanagan. Penticton and Kelowna for sure. I'd be happy to show you some trails in penticton.

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 8:15 Quote
If you make it to the coast then vedder mountain near chilliwack is a great place. On weekends you can usually find a shuttle up as well.

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 14:40 Quote
You can hit me up when you have a tentative schedual. I'm same age as you, and probably same riding level. I'm planning on spending time in rockies and interior BC this summer. I also bought a travel trailer last year so i dont have to hotel it or camp. PM me if you are interested.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 20:08 Quote
Croft1 wrote:

What I want to to

whistler -Mystic trail

-frisbee ridge
-martha trail

Frisbee is great, but if I was going to one XC ride in Revy it would be Keystone.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 20:31 Quote
Takes you a bit south, but if you have the time, go to Fernie. It's amazing. Everything rides from town. The riding in Revelstoke is amazing too. The Cartier Heli was the highlight of my season last year.

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 3:59 Quote
Hey, I agree on the Fernie post, but I live about an hour and a half further out of the way in Kimberley and if you swing by there I can take you for a spin on one of our trails called Round The Mountain. It's a really fun trail with great views and only a few brutal climbs. We also have some incredible shuttle trails so you could join us for a few laps in the evening.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
Croft1 wrote:
What I want to to
-frisbee ridge
-martha trail

Same thing for me here... is the end of mai is too soon for Keystone? Frisbee?
I like to hike my bike but is this impossible du to the snow level earlier in the season?

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 18:16 Quote
Yes, the end of May is way too early for those areas. I'd bet it would be mid June at the earliest depending on the Spring.

matjean wrote:
Croft1 wrote:
What I want to to
-frisbee ridge
-martha trail

Same thing for me here... is the end of mai is too soon for Keystone? Frisbee?
I like to hike my bike but is this impossible du to the snow level earlier in the season?

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 22:36 Quote
Croft1 what month and how many days are you planning for your trip? Also what type of riding you like doing?
There is so many great places to ride in BC.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 1:10 Quote
pureadrenalin wrote:
Croft1 what month and how many days are you planning for your trip? Also what type of riding you like doing?
There is so many great places to ride in BC.

And so much variety from East to West

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 1:12 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
You put corridor from Calgary to revelstoke then have whistler listed on what you want to do? Are you actually planning on Calgary to Vancouver, pretty common for people to do a fly in Calgary fly out Vancouver or vise versa

I would recommend finishing in Whistler because of the inevitable equipment breakage on the famous braking bumps

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
Another vote for Keystone. Frisby ridge is great and worth it. Keystone is awesome. Depending on snowpack. these two may be okay by mid July.
Most communities from Calgary to Vancouver have some trails.
Some along the way I want to check out are: Razors edge (aforementioned) , Highline trail in Canmore, and some stuff around Golden.
Revy is a given. Macpherson is a favourite spot.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008959
Mobile Version of Website