2015 Pike rebuild issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2015 Pike rebuild issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 17:57 Quote
Just did the full rebuild on my RC charger damper, Actually got it bled this time, locked out from the very top of its travel. Threw it on the bike and it feels like it doesn't make much dfgerence between wide open and closed. Also, I have like 20 clicks now.

The only thing that seemed odd was the lack of a low speed needle. I feel like the manual is pretty clear about that part being there, but I never saw it during disassembly.

This fork sucked air a while ago and I popped the bleed plug out by pushing the damper rod up, explosion. Fork hasnt locked out since, did I lose the low speed needle?

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 17:59 Quote
Im the first paragraph, when I talked about it locking out, I was referring to the cartridge. I gelt stiff at full compression damping when it was out of the fork. Not ao much when I jump on the bike and ride.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 18:45 Quote
I don't know about the "low speed needle" part, but the reason for the large number of clicks comes from improper installation if the knob assembly. I don't remember the specifics but I did that accidentally to the RCT3 damper and had the same issue.

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 6:22 Quote
The Needle was there after all. I had incorrectly installed the the low speed adjuster, but after putting it back together I still have 15 clicks!

I can't figure out why my adjuster has so much range, it almost does a 360. Locks out pretty hard now so I might just leave it alone and ride it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007735
Mobile Version of Website