Processing time Trailforks?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Processing time Trailforks?
Previous Page |
Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 15:32 Quote
Hi,

I'm new to contributing to Trailforks. I'm used to Wikipedia (immediate processing) and Open Street Map (viewable in a few minutes). I've added some trails, but I got no response at all.

How long is the processing time in general?

TIA

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 5:46 Quote
Is 4 days normal?

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 8:54 Quote
Depends on how active the Admin in your area is. If there is a delay, try sending the admin a message

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 5:42 Quote
Belgium is not very active, I don't know there's an admin already there.

It's not very encouraging for newbies... :-(

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 10:47 Quote
If an area isn't active with a local trail association or local Trailforks admins, it can take some time for trails to be approved. It will often rely on other users voting to confirm or reject. We used to be pretty fast at approving content myself and a few other staff, but there is just so much of it now, there is a backlog of 800 pending submissions. So we often just let them sit and user vote on them. If its been there for over a month then we'll approve ourselves.

But like GavinStorie said, it's highly variable depending on the region, some regions will get a response within a few hours, others will be a month.

I went through all your pending submissions now though Wink

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 14:59 Quote
Thanks.

Don't you think this policy is slowing down the growth of Trailforks? Why not using a policy like Wikipedia, where changes are accepted always untill reversed if acts of vandalism are noticed? It works and is more encouraging to contribute.

My €0,02...

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 19:36 Quote
Tantist wrote:
Thanks.

Don't you think this policy is slowing down the growth of Trailforks? Why not using a policy like Wikipedia, where changes are accepted always untill reversed if acts of vandalism are noticed? It works and is more encouraging to contribute.

My €0,02...

Trailforks is meant to give the power to local trail associations to control their local content. Since in so many areas unsanctioned, grey-area and illegal trails are a touch subject.

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 4:51 Quote
I can understand. "Oh, it was on Trailforks, I thought it was OK!"...

I've added some more trails now, but am going to take a break, since I almost added some trails twice. I'll wait for all of them to become visible and then I continue...

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 13:08 Quote
Tantist wrote:
I can understand. "Oh, it was on Trailforks, I thought it was OK!"...

I've added some more trails now, but am going to take a break, since I almost added some trails twice. I'll wait for all of them to become visible and then I continue...

When you goto the add trail, form, you can see the trails YOU submitted and are pending on the map there.

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 23:10 Quote
Only for a short time: as soon as I zoom in, they disappear, even if I zoom out again, they're gone.

Don't worry, I just can't stop adding them, it's too addictive Wink

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 6:37 Quote
Tantist,
I'm a new user in Belgium, too.
I added some trails and routes today, which are waiting approval.

How does this approval work? Can all other users approve other routes, or can only an administrator do so?
I saw your trails and approved them, although they already were approved by someone else, too.

I think the Trailfork concept is great, however in Belgium it will be more user based as we don't have trail centers and we don't have a lot of specifically built mountain bike trails.
We have great trails, but mostly they are natural walking paths which we share with other users.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 10:59 Quote
Any user can help confirm, but its only a "vote", a trail needs 5 confirm votes to be approved. Some users have more than 1 voting power if there "trust score" is high. Trust is built by more of your content being approved. Mods & admins can confirm or reject content with 1 vote.

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 11:02 Quote
Something like this is not what we consider a "trail" though.

Its a "route" as it includes some trails, some road.

So it needs to be broken up into separate trail sections.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 0:17 Quote
Ok, I divided it into two parts and threw out the road section.

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 5:00 Quote
I'm also guilty... I added some trails who are large trails, but routes too short in my opinion. I'll crop them a little, but experienced some errors (see bug reports).

I'm also gaining a bigger trust score during the process. This is nice, but also frustrating. We are with about 3 big contributors for Belgium. I can't vote for my trails, and the other two don't have 5 votes together. So, my trails are almost 3 weeks now pending, the other trails pass very quickly, because I cast 4 votes and only one other member has to vote and they're confirmed...

We need some more Belgian contributors. I'm thinking on how to achieve this... Suggestions?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015602
Mobile Version of Website