squealing brakes for no reason

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
squealing brakes for no reason
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 20:20 Quote
After a hard super steep decent my front brake has been squealing a ton for no reason. i checked the rotors for signs or scorching or streaks from a contaminant but can’t find anything wrong. what am i missing?

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 12:19 Quote
Have you tried soaking the rotors and pads in rubbing achohol?

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 12:06 Quote
I've run across the same problem before, and after trying a few different methods, this one works the best: you must sand the rotor with 100 grit sandpaper. Both sides, just where the brake pads contact, obviously. I used a belt sander, got the job done in about one minute. Next, remove the pads and sand them as well, just until they come up clean, about 5 seconds with the belt sander. Reinstall everything, and they will be not only silent, but much more powerful, because a squeaky brake has less stopping power.

Posted: Aug 4, 2018 at 19:38 Quote
Noise from brake components come from vibrating parts when applied, it's the same thing with automobile application. Sometimes due to glazing on the rotor and the brake pad surface will chatter producing noise which can be fixed using sand paper to scuff off the glaze on contact surface.. Brake pads should be relieved at the edges in the direction of rotation. Another good idea is apply some automotive disc brake quiet (blue liquid) on the metal side of the pad and backing plate, it acts similar to sound suppression used in automotive industry.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010184
Mobile Version of Website