What will replace the Sync'r 24?

PB Forum :: Diamondback
What will replace the Sync'r 24?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 21:34 Quote
What will replace the Sync'r 24? I've been shopping around for a solid MTB that my 9 year old daughter can fit and to enjoy riding with me. It looks like Diamondback has discontinued the Sync'r 24. What will they be replacing it with? If anyone has seen any info, I'm interested. If you have other suggestions that are a great deal that's comparable with the Sync'r 24, I'm all ears.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 20:52 Quote
No idea. Just bought two of them a few months back. Got 2 for the price of one so I couldn't pass them up. Swapped out the suntour forks to the air version and am in the process of swapping cranks. Mine came with 165mm NX cranks, but with a powerspline, not gxp bb. I put a 155 NX with gxp on 1 and am putting flows 135 on the other.

When I was discussing specs with DB, I was told it was getting a refresh in late 2018. Pretty surprised to see such a solid bike discontinued.

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 20:03 Quote
I’m in the same position as the original poster. Need a solid bike for my 9yr old daughter.
The Sync’r 24 was such a good deal. Sad to see it go.
REI still has a few in some stores.

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 18:53 Quote
I ended up getting a 2015 model new on Amazon for $470'ish. Pretty solid bike for the money, swapped out the pedals with some Race Face Chesters and added a mud guard. My daughter's not really heavy enough to compress the stock Suntour fork, might need to look at a swap if that is any concern after she starts riding more.

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 18:53 Quote
430hp70 wrote:
When I was discussing specs with DB, I was told it was getting a refresh in late 2018. Pretty surprised to see such a solid bike discontinued.

Interesting, wonder what they have planned.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 10:49 Quote
I have last years Sync'r 24 that I would be willing to sell. My son had a great season with it, just outgrown. I am located in VT.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 13:10 Quote
Seacoaster wrote:
I have last years Sync'r 24 that I would be willing to sell. My son had a great season with it, just outgrown. I am located in VT.

how much are you asking?

Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 12:57 Quote
Howdy folks, Sync'r 24 lives on and will be back in stock in a couple weeks! Cheers yall.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 20:01 Quote
How 'bout the Splinter 24?

BTW, I had to replace my 10 y.o. son's 165mm Chester cranks with a set of Trailcraft 140mm, which helped my son's comfort, power output, and efficiency tremendously. This allowed him to keep his regular seatpost a little lower for trail-riding w/o sacrificing downstroke power.

I went down from a 170mm to a 165mm XT crankset (I'm 5'8"), so I think kids on 24" wheeled mtbs might do better with crank arms that are shorter than 165mm. I also managed to swap some components for him and his Splinter went from 32.5 to 27 lbs.

Just my $0.02!

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 18:35 Quote
New sync'r 24 is out.

Posted: May 6, 2018 at 21:25 Quote
My daughter is loving hers. I looked on Diamondback's site and it is on the site but "out of stock". Honestly for the price you get a lot for your money. I can't wait to see how she does this summer at MTB camp with it. I might need to cut her handlebars a bit as they're pretty long for her right now.

Posted: May 18, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
Back in stock again, https://www.diamondback.com/sync-r-24

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014620
Mobile Version of Website