Heading to Arizona in March

PB Forum :: USA - West
Heading to Arizona in March
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 4:10 Quote
Hey All, Canadian heading to Arizona in March. Ridden all over, but this is my first time in the desert. Just thinking ahead about trails to ride around Mesa and Sedona and what clothing to bring.
My riding level is pretty decent - not too much I wouldn't try.

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 17:16 Quote
March should be short and t-shirt weather, maybe a bit chilly in the early morning but warmer during the day. Hawes is close to mesa and a great place to get out to see the desert. check out mtbproject.com for all of the local trails. For technical riding check out national at south mountain and for xc singletrack check out browns ranch

Posted: Jan 6, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
I wish I could make it to Sedona in March, their mountain bike festival is the first weekend of March I believe. The Transition team will be there doing group rides several times per day. It's a bit on the pricey side, but will likely be worth it if you're making the trek down from Canada. Not sure if you're heading down to AZ for the festival and already heard about it, but if you haven't here's the site...

http://sedonamtbfestival.com/

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 8:19 Quote
Moving to AZ from NC
Question: how is the riding different from Phoenix compared to Tucson (number of trails, style, shuttles, difficulty, free ride)?
I like enduro, free ride, DH. I am looking dudes to ride with, shuttle Dh/free ride trails that are fun, not just XC climbing

Thanks, please let me know if there is a different place I should ask this

Posted: Mar 7, 2018 at 17:09 Quote
bifford wrote:
Hey All, Canadian heading to Arizona in March. Ridden all over, but this is my first time in the desert. Just thinking ahead about trails to ride around Mesa and Sedona and what clothing to bring.
My riding level is pretty decent - not too much I wouldn't try.

Hey Bifford, when are you there? I'm heading there for the first time next week, riding sat 17/sun 18 march. Looking for people to ride with if you're in the same boat. I'm coming from New Zealand. can't wait to see the place and ride the trails!

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 20:29 Quote
Hey buddy, sorry I missed you. My daughter decided to get married, so my trip got postponed. Now if you want to ride BC in August...

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 19:41 Quote
bifford wrote:
Hey buddy, sorry I missed you. My daughter decided to get married, so my trip got postponed. Now if you want to ride BC in August...

no worries, it was superb! coming from NZ, it was like riding on the moon!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006224
Mobile Version of Website