Dropper post for a short rider

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Dropper post for a short rider
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 11:41 Quote
My wife has a Marin Hawk Hill size small. She rides with 12.5 cm of exposed seat post. I have been talking with the owner of my favorite LBS about getting her a dropper post. The only one that he carries that will fit her bike is a 100 mm Lev Integra. All the others that he carries are too long to fit her frame. The Integra is really nice, but absurdly expensive (wife's words, not mine).

Any suggestions out there? Especially something that might be a bit more reasonably priced.

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 10:07 Quote
davechoukalas wrote:
My wife has a Marin Hawk Hill size small. She rides with 12.5 cm of exposed seat post. I have been talking with the owner of my favorite LBS about getting her a dropper post. The only one that he carries that will fit her bike is a 100 mm Lev Integra. All the others that he carries are too long to fit her frame. The Integra is really nice, but absurdly expensive (wife's words, not mine).

Any suggestions out there? Especially something that might be a bit more reasonably priced.

This may not be in the more reasonably priced category. But 9point8 has 125,100 and 75mm strokes. and you can also change the stroke internally (with spacers) to get as much drop as you can (collar slammed to the frame) with still getting the correct seat height.

the link below shows how much insertion is needed per the stroke of the dropper.
( https://www.9point8.ca/image/catalog/Products/Seatposts/Fall_Line/fall_line/Fall%20Line%20Sizing%20Diagram%20v1.pdf )

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 21:21 Quote
If what I looked up is correct then her frame has a 30.9 seat post and you have a ton of options. Specialized command post and giant contact posts are both cheap (for droppers) and reliable, and come in 75mm travel option.

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 at 23:10 Quote
davechoukalas wrote:

KS e10, there's some cheap brand-x externally routed ones available as well.

Ask him for a cheaper option? I know that there's plenty of options from suppliers he could get...and if he doesn't want to order, maybe you can work out a better deal on the post to both support your shop/appease the wife.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013294
Mobile Version of Website