YT Capra Size for a 6 footer.... L or XL?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Capra Size for a 6 footer.... L or XL?
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 2, 2018 at 15:48 Quote
I’m 6’ with 33.3” measured inseam and I LOVE my 18 Capra in L. I don’t need a longer or heavier bike, and I ride very fast and steep stuff.
This bike is long and stable enough.

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 16:22 Quote
I’m 5’11” and demo a M,L,XL. 2 weeks ago. The xl felt right from the start. The large seem tight on high speed steep descents, because I’m used to stretching out my body on my xc bike. Talking to the other people that demo the Capra, consensus was yt runs really small. Yt sizing would be spot on if you have a strong bmx or dirt jumping background. All my other bikes are medium or large. If I get a Capra it would be a XL, no doubts. It would my first XL

Oh yeah, it was awesome testing all the Capras on 27.5, 29 and Tues. Thanks YT for the demo day

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 4:04 Quote
I'm 6.3 and xl is perfect fitting

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 0:46 Quote
6’1” and XL Capra is the best bike I’ve ever had for sizing

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
5'11" on XL patrol here, the old patrol so little shorter than the new model. I actually like it a lot, but dont complain about bikes being too long, at least lol. I'd go large again if I could, but im pretty sure the XL is faster, just not very comfortable for me climbing.

Tall bars help a lot if you go a size up.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Yup the L is super short. I'm 6' 1" and my knees were almost hitting the bars riding a friends large framed Capra with 50mm stem so I would be on the XL version for sure.

Im about to order the new shred and as 6,1" as well i think im going to have to go for the XL 29" but it is stressing me out that is might be too big to throw around but this geometry is so new to me.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
jdtball wrote:
If I get a Capra it would be a XL, no doubts. It would my first XL

Im 6,1" and 200lbs and after reading all the posts in the thread i think i need to get the xl and even go for the 29" which is also a new wheel size to me..

Did you demo on 29"?

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
No1Mtbiker wrote:
Pablo16v wrote:
Yup the L is super short. I'm 6' 1" and my knees were almost hitting the bars riding a friends large framed Capra with 50mm stem so I would be on the XL version for sure.

Im about to order the new shred and as 6,1" as well i think im going to have to go for the XL 29" but it is stressing me out that is might be too big to throw around but this geometry is so new to me.

I'm 6ft, rode an XL 27, felt big but good. You'll be fine at 6ft1 with an XL.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
No1Mtbiker wrote:
Pablo16v wrote:

Seconded. I'm on a large frame 29er with 500mm reach and while it does take a bit more effort to throw around it's not difficult by any means, plus the fact it fits me really well and rides great more than makes up for it. The XL Shred is 20mm shorter in reach and also has a slightly shorter wheelbase than my AM9 so the geo isn't too extreme.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
No1Mtbiker wrote:

Seconded. I'm on a large frame 29er with 500mm reach and while it does take a bit more effort to throw around it's not difficult by any means, plus the fact it fits me really well and rides great more than makes up for it. The XL Shred is 20mm shorter in reach and also has a slightly shorter wheelbase than my AM9 so the geo isn't too extreme.

Appreciate the deets gents.

XL 29" It is then I think.. I do love my dh so its worrying but does seem a lot of rigs are longer these days. Its such a small change in mm reach between L and XL but im more concerned about climbing with my knees at chin at this point.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 23:07 Quote
I am 5'11. Have 2018 capra large. Would go xl next time. Knees hit bars on uphill tight turns. If i meet someone who wants a swap there xl i will. Still fully rideable and it works fine. Probably gona size up the stem. I have short legs also. 30 inseam.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 12:49 Quote
I am 5'11 and assuming I'll grow to about 6'1. I was thinking about the XL but still not sure if that would be smart. I like bigger bikes but also like quick movements on downhill and jumps. What should I go for?

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
skerby wrote:
5'11" on XL patrol here, the old patrol so little shorter than the new model. I actually like it a lot, but dont complain about bikes being too long, at least lol. I'd go large again if I could, but im pretty sure the XL is faster, just not very comfortable for me climbing.

Tall bars help a lot if you go a size up.

I'm out here trying to figure out what size Decoy to order and HO LEE FUC* look who it is! SKEEEERRRBBBB

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006042
Mobile Version of Website