Is X fusion worth the buy?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Is X fusion worth the buy?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 23:37 Quote
I might purchase a bike with an x fusion shock, I am very skeptical about buying a bike with a shock that's, not RockShox or fox, what should my decision be?

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 7:44 Quote
its 2017, there isnt a lot of super shitty suspension on the market anymore. i have an xfusion fork on one of my bikes and have been rather impressed. they have come a long ways. if the price is right, give it a shot.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
Nexuz77 wrote:
I might purchase a bike with an x fusion shock, I am very skeptical about buying a bike with a shock that's, not RockShox or fox, what should my decision be?
which shock?the vector HLR is a great shock.ive had Canecreek,fox,rockshock and its right up there with the best of them.Never fails either.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 18:44 Quote
alright, thanks!

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 20:29 Quote
I had great luck with an older X-Fusion fork as well as the Hilo dropper.

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 2:29 Quote
Same here can't say anthing bad about X-Fusion suspension.

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 2:54 Quote
I've been running the sweep hlr and honestly I find it as good as my pike. Much lighter but at the cost of some stiffness (34mm stanchions)

The manic dropper just won some product of he year here

Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
I had a trace HLR fork and was every bit as good as my fox 34. The dropper post, though, was underwhelming. I haven't had other budget posts to compare it to, but it is nowhere near the level or my Transfer post. I forget the model, but was their top model at the time.

Posted: Dec 26, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
mfranzen wrote:
I had a trace HLR fork and was every bit as good as my fox 34. The dropper post, though, was underwhelming. I haven't had other budget posts to compare it to, but it is nowhere near the level or my Transfer post. I forget the model, but was their top model at the time.

Which model did you have?

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 22:05 Quote
Have had slant, velvet, sweep, metric, rv1 and a few sets of vengences over the last several years and have been the most reliable against a pretty piss poor run of fox. Had 02rcx in 216 and a 240 one, hlr air and vector hlr coil.

The 02s aren't really up to the other air shocks on the market including the hlr in terms of all around performance. The coil was alright but they are definitely due for a new setup. They had a proto getting around a while ago which I super excited for!

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 2:22 Quote
sethius wrote:
Have had slant, velvet, sweep, metric, rv1 and a few sets of vengences over the last several years and have been the most reliable against a pretty piss poor run of fox. Had 02rcx in 216 and a 240 one, hlr air and vector hlr coil.

The 02s aren't really up to the other air shocks on the market including the hlr in terms of all around performance. The coil was alright but they are definitely due for a new setup. They had a proto getting around a while ago which I super excited for!
where did you hear about the vector HLR prototype?always use xfusion suspension,so this interest me.current set up = Vengeance air HLR/Vector Coil HLR,loving it

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/x-fusions-prototype-shock-sea-otter-2015.html

Don't know if came through to the current range or not.

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 0:37 Quote
sethius wrote:
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/x-fusions-prototype-shock-sea-otter-2015.html

Don't know if came through to the current range or not.
cheers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011464
Mobile Version of Website