Devinci Troy shock upgrade

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Devinci Troy shock upgrade
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 6:42 Quote
I want to upgrade my 200x51 Monarch RT shock to a 200x57 Float X or X2-2 position. Which one of those would you suggest? Agressive Enduro riding, some bike park with smooth jumps and drops.
Thank you.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
rainan wrote:
I want to upgrade my 200x51 Monarch RT shock to a 200x57 Float X or X2-2 position. Which one of those would you suggest? Agressive Enduro riding, some bike park with smooth jumps and drops.
Thank you.

You're aware that in order to run a 200 x 57 shock on that frame, you need to run it in the high/steep/short setting, right? To avoid contact between the seatstay brace and seat tube at bottom out. Even in the high setting with a 57mm stroke shock it still just barely touches at full bottom out (and will hit hard if in the low setting). Or at least it does on my medium frame when I was forced to run a 200x57 shock for a few weeks while mine was being fixed.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 7:02 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
rainan wrote:
Thank you.

You're aware that in order to run a 200 x 57 shock on that frame, you need to run it in the high/steep/short setting, right? To avoid contact between the seatstay brace and seat tube at bottom out. Even in the high setting with a 57mm stroke shock it still just barely touches at full bottom out (and will hit hard if in the low setting). Or at least it does on my medium frame when I was forced to run a 200x57 shock for a few weeks while mine was being fixed.

Thank you, I knew about the high position. I heard that there is no clearance issue with the high setting and 57mm stroke shock. Are you totally sure? I will run a -1.5°headset, it is on its way to my letterbox.

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 7:16 Quote
Yes, I am sure that on my 2016 medium size carbon frame, using a 57mm stroke shock, the seatstay brace will just barely touch the seattube at full bottom out when in the high setting. I still ran it that way out of necessity while my 51mm shock was being repaired, without any issues.

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Yes, I am sure that on my 2016 medium size carbon frame, using a 57mm stroke shock, the seatstay brace will just barely touch the seattube at full bottom out when in the high setting. I still ran it that way out of necessity while my 51mm shock was being repaired, without any issues.

It is a quite common upgrade in Italy (57mm stroke shock on high setting) for the Troy. Some people went also for a coil shock.
I got a 2016 Alloy in Medium, probably I get more clearance due to smaller tubing.
I would also consider to stick on the 51mm stroke and go for the X or X2. I heard the X2 is a very capable shock, I don't know about the X.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2018 at 23:55 Quote
Did you go 51 or 57? And which shock?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008128
Mobile Version of Website