Visiting Sedona in March for a few days riding. Need ALL the advice...

PB Forum :: USA - West
Visiting Sedona in March for a few days riding. Need ALL the advice...
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
remote-local wrote:
MaliceFox wrote:
so, how was sedona for you?

ah man, sorry I only just saw your question. man, how to describe it?

thought #1: It was f*cking amazing.

Rocked up, picked up a rental Evil Wreckoning, got a ping from a guy in the mtbr forum to come and meet a bunch of riders at a restaurant for a beer, organised to meet in the morning, and then a bunch of top notch local riders showed me around a whole stash of superb trails. the guys shuttled me on a bunch of trails so I could really get a sense of the place, then dropped me down by Oak creek so i could head over to cathedral rock and out to hi line in the afternoon. covered so many miles on that first day, hi line was an absolute blast (and a bitch of a climb in a few places!) but there were heaps of trails I loved. the whole place is just amazing view after amazing view. reckon I slogged out about 9-10 hours in the end on that first day. got back to town, picked up my rental car from outside my new local friend's place and he'd whacked a post-it on the window of the car offering me a cold beer! awesome hospitality from good people is pretty much the best part of traveling. Worth mentioning the guys I rode with were all 25 years older than me and schooled me on the really tech slickrock climbing!

Second day I rode the trails out to hangover, did that whole network, then in by the chapel, rubbernecked the white line but didn't even consider riding it! then did the hog trails network, pretty much capping the day with a full-throttle-rock-staircase-descent-overcook-pogo-the-fork-fling-myself-over-the-bars and off the side of the mountain on the very last trail! last run gremlins... but i was sweet, so no drama. landed pretty much upside down on ledge, with rocks dropping around me but was tangled enough in my bike and a tree that i was able to pull myself back up.

long story short, refer to my first thought. 10/10, would ride again.

haha, awesome sounding trip! There is something special there you cant really describe until you have been there. Kind of like that welcoming feeling of being home. Glad you made it out, it's one of my favorite places, whether i'm riding or not. You will have to see if you can find a way out to one of the mtb festivals in the future!

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 0:57 Quote
The festival is definitely on the radar! Could be back in that part of the world again soonish and definitely going to hit up Sedona again when I am.

MaliceFox wrote:
haha, awesome sounding trip! There is something special there you cant really describe until you have been there. Kind of like that welcoming feeling of being home. Glad you made it out, it's one of my favorite places, whether i'm riding or not. You will have to see if you can find a way out to one of the mtb festivals in the future!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005525
Mobile Version of Website