Bird Aeris owners thread

Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Dec 20, 2017 at 5:43 Quote
Couldn't find one - so here ya go

Bird Aeris 120, size L

Local trails are pretty muddy atm, so can't give a detailed feedback on this new custom build beaut Rolleyes




Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 6:05 Quote
Aeris - Hand Rawed frame with everbright clear lacquer,X Fusion suspension,Hope wheels,Chromag/Hope finishing kit

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 6:09 Quote
Thorjensen wrote:
Couldn't find one - so here ya go

Bird Aeris 120, size L

Local trails are pretty muddy atm, so can't give a detailed feedback on this new custom build beaut Rolleyes



Nice Build there mate.

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 7:27 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Aeris - Hand Rawed frame with everbright clear lacquer,X Fusion suspension,Hope wheels,Chromag/Hope finishing kit

Nice job Beer

Did you get new stickers from the nest?

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 8:56 Quote
The new LT linkage for the 145 is interesting. I've never felt I've needed more travel from my 145, but the change in leverage rate for the rear shock is what makes me think it might be worth doing. Will give the nest a ring in the new year to discuss further.

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 14:10 Quote
clamps81 wrote:
The new LT linkage for the 145 is interesting. I've never felt I've needed more travel from my 145, but the change in leverage rate for the rear shock is what makes me think it might be worth doing. Will give the nest a ring in the new year to discuss further.

I would have taken the 145 if we had the trails for it. We can have short techy bits but no loooong descents, therefor I went 120. Short climb sprints to shortish descents.
I really see a point in a 130-135ish LT linkage for the 120 with mabey a 140/150 piston change in the fork. Then you could change the bike for your alp or similar adventures and change it back to your nimble trail bike, when you hit home soil again.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 10:15 Quote

Here's my 145 - taken last year in Andorra, about a week after I got the bike. Thankfully just as much fun to ride in the Welsh slop. Just got an EDC tool for it so I can go pack free on short rides.

Currently deciding what to do with the for - I had a Luftkappe on my old reign and that made the pike feel so much better, but I'm thinking that the Push coil kit might be the way to go for this.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 12:16 Quote

This was my 145 when it was new last May, doesn't look like this anymore though! Since changed pedals, cranks, rear mech, rear wheel and tyre, and grips, as well as adding plenty of 'love' chips to the paint - typing that I have just realised how much of it I have managed to break!

Sick bikes though, agree the LT linkage looks really interesting, although if this bike was coil both ends and 160/170 it would be terrifyingly capable!

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
I do prefer the new 145 frame to my MK1 frame,but with it being metric/boost/no bosses for external dropper routing,it's not really an option for me personally.The Bird build options don't really intrest me that much,to buy a full build,but I'll have to move with the times eventually though.Nice looking 145 JoeRSB by the way.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 10:22 Quote
Looking to pull the trigger on a blacked out 145LT soon, just need to sell my current bike (YT Jeffsy 29er) first Smile

Looking forward to posting some pics on here when she arrives and just generally discussing Bird bike builds/specs and ride experiences.

The future looks bright!
Salute

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 14:45 Quote
Ordered an AM9 frame today, large in raw Big Grin . Just gone for the basic frame without a shock for now, just to get the order in place as raw frames were selling out quickly plus I wasn't 100% sure which shock I wanted to go with. At the moment the build will be something like this, using the majority of parts off my current bike....

Frame: Large raw frame with either a Deluxe, X2 or CCDB Air shock
Fork: Avalanche Pike at 150mm or 160mm
Wheels: LB 30mm carbon rims / Hope Hubs
Tyres: E13 TRSr front / Bonty SE5 rear
Seat Post: Reverb or Bike Yoke Revive
Seat: Ergon SME3
Cranks: XX1 carbon with 28t or 30t boost chain ring
Brakes: Formula R0
Stem: RF Turbine 32mm / 35mm dia
Bars: Bonty Line 35 780mm
Grips: Ergon
Shifter: XTR 11sp
Mech: XT 11sp
Cassette: 10-42 XX1

Just need to wait patiently now for the frame to arrive Book

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 15:27 Quote
Wish these were available in the US. Love their 29er.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 20:27 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
Ordered an AM9 frame today, large in raw Big Grin . Just gone for the basic frame without a shock for now, just to get the order in place as raw frames were selling out quickly plus I wasn't 100% sure which shock I wanted to go with. At the moment the build will be something like this, using the majority of parts off my current bike....

Frame: Large raw frame with either a Deluxe, X2 or CCDB Air shock
Fork: Avalanche Pike at 150mm or 160mm
Wheels: LB 30mm carbon rims / Hope Hubs
Tyres: E13 TRSr front / Bonty SE5 rear
Seat Post: Reverb or Bike Yoke Revive
Seat: Ergon SME3
Cranks: XX1 carbon with 28t or 30t boost chain ring
Brakes: Formula R0
Stem: RF Turbine 32mm / 35mm dia
Bars: Bonty Line 35 780mm
Grips: Ergon
Shifter: XTR 11sp
Mech: XT 11sp
Cassette: 10-42 XX1

Just need to wait patiently now for the frame to arrive Book
nice build,but a 28 or 30 chainring with an 10/42 cassette,surely an 32/34 woukd be the way to go

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 3:57 Quote
Yeah the kit is all stuff I like so there was no point going for a full build to still end up swapping parts over. The gearing is perfect for around here, lots of steep stuff so low-ish gearing is a necessity, and there’s very little need for top end speed. I was also considering an E13 9-46 cassette, but I’m going to spend money in other areas first and I have existing cassettes to use up anyway.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
Wanted to take the AM9 for a demo but MBUK we’re taking it for the weekend so I ended up taking the 145LT for a shred instead.... freaking loved it! So now I’m torn between to two.

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017541
Mobile Version of Website