Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 21:47 Quote
I know and it sounds like you have great expertise but there most be more factors. Otherwise there would not be such great differences between so many bikes in group tests no?

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 22:06 Quote
Yes, and motion ratio curve shape. Maybe alignment, too; I don't know how much that factors into it. Maybe pivots bind due to bad static alignment or dynamic alignment (flex). Not a lot of research has been done on that. Also, most shocks are not dyno tested from the factory, so it's difficult to account for that.

Even if we assume pivots don't bind and shocks work perfectly, differences in motion ratio curves and damper tunes result in different wheel rates.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 3:46 Quote
Anyone know if the new Fidlock 590 ml bottle fit an XL bird aeris 145 frame with superdeluxe ultimate?

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 4:43 Quote
That was my next question..... I ordered my Aeris 145 on Monday so what bottle cages are people using and is anyone using the bracket that you can get to move the cage lower.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 7:00 Quote
Did a 45km break in ride on the AM9 today, mostly xc and light trail stuff but with a good vertical.
Damn, this thing pedals and climbs incredibly well. I knew it climbed better than the Evo, but now comparing back to back with the same build the difference is astonishing.
It has the same pedaling feel of the Ripmo I tried some months ago and loved

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
Arierep wrote:
Did a 45km break in ride on the AM9 today, mostly xc and light trail stuff but with a good vertical.
Damn, this thing pedals and climbs incredibly well. I knew it climbed better than the Evo, but now comparing back to back with the same build the difference is astonishing.
It has the same pedaling feel of the Ripmo I tried some months ago and loved

Similar levels of anti-squat.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
Was thinking the same.
Yet, the AM9 eats the Ripmo for breakfast on the descents, feels way more planted and easygoing. I understand this is not an entirely fair comparision, since my AM9 is on DD tyres with Rimpact inserts and the Ripmo was on Exos, no inserts and was a V1 frame

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
It would be a more fair fight with the AM9 vs. Ripmo v2 and similar components.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 0:18 Quote
Hi all, I used to ride back in the days when it was Judy’s and Manitou X-Verts and having taken my old bike out, I really want to get back into riding.

I’ve really taken to the idea of a Bird Aether 7, and have been advised to get a better fork and shock and then seek to upgrade components afterwards.

I’m looking at the Pike Charger and the Deluxe Ultimate, but is seems that the SRAM kitted bike’s are much cheaper than the Shimano?

Would I be better off getting a frame set and building it myself (I’m pretty mechanical) or going for the complete bike with base equipment and upgrade as I go along?

I am on a bit of a budget..

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 1:28 Quote
You'll be unlikely to beat the value of buying a full build, purely for the fact Bird will be able to get OEM pricing on parts which they can pass the savings to the consumer

SRAM offer huge discounts if brands buy the entire family of parts (forks, drivetrain, shock, brakes) which is likely why the SRAM brakes are cheaper. You can mix and match components though, so you could select the SRAM build and add Shimano brakes

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
Has anyone tried a Mullet setup on a Aeris 145? If so, is it worth it?

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 23:08 Quote
jazzythemost wrote:
Anyone know if the new Fidlock 590 ml bottle fit an XL bird aeris 145 frame with superdeluxe ultimate?

Nope, the smaller 450 is your only option with the standard mount

Posted: May 24, 2020 at 8:27 Quote
How much low speed compression are you guys running on your super deluxe coils. Only had a hour on the new bike today and left it fully open.... The bike felt like a dream compared to last ride.... Just wondering for future reference.

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 0:10 Quote
I'm using 2 clicks from fully open, it's probably all in my head but I could swear it feels more supple than running it wide open. 2-3 clicks from fully open on rebound too

Posted: May 25, 2020 at 0:22 Quote
rideeverything wrote:
I'm using 2 clicks from fully open, it's probably all in my head but I could swear it feels more supple than running it wide open. 2-3 clicks from fully open on rebound too

might be keeping you higher in regards to sag and therefore in the area of higher leverage ratio = plusher feels?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006488
Mobile Version of Website