Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 5:53 Quote
Bird has only just started shipping the V3 frames so yours will be an earlier version.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 6:13 Quote
AFAIK, the only relevant detail you're missing from the V3 is the RRR link, so I wouldn't bother

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 6:43 Quote
Eddieantifreeze I have a 150 mm debonair shaft, air cap, tokens, and foot bolt that came straight out of a brand new set of lyriks if you're interested?

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
rideeverything wrote:
Eddieantifreeze I have a 150 mm debonair shaft, air cap, tokens, and foot bolt that came straight out of a brand new set of lyriks if you're interested?

Damn - Just ordered a the debonair shaft...... Frown

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 10:21 Quote
Arierep wrote:
AFAIK, the only relevant detail you're missing from the V3 is the RRR link, so I wouldn't bother

Yeah, the linkage is what I'm mostly curious about. I'm pretty happy with the ride currently but wanted to confirm for any future tuning or shock purchases.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
I understand. In any case the RRR link is available on its own for a very moderate value.

I've been using the AM9 for 2 weeks on the original link and a Deluxe RT3. I end up using full travel on almost every ride, at 30% sag. No big bottom outs thought, the ramp up definitely helps to keep my ankles and knees happy.

Wonder how a coil shock will behave with the original link in my case

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 16:00 Quote
Arierep wrote:

Use less sag if you want to retain similar bottom-out force.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 19:27 Quote
I believe 27.5 Frames with a minimum of 20mm more up front are good candidates for mullet setups.

Originally I was thinking a gen2 Transition Scout would be a my new mullet bike.
Got the idea from the following youtube vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve6gUSJgylw

I like the Geo of the 145, and figured worst case I would end up with a regular 27.5 Bird Cool

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 0:04 Quote
tlassy wrote:
this may be obvious, but is there an easy way to tell if I have a V2 or V3 AM9? I bought it in October 2019.

Write Bird with your Customer and order number. They answer fast

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
I am looking to purchase a Bird Aeris AM 9. I'm focused on the descent but I do enjoy also the uphill part. How does this bike perform uphill ? Is it a decent all around machine or do you I should look elsewhere ?

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Arierep wrote:

True, but then would start to loose what would bring me to a coil in the first place, no?
Anyway, rather than a complaint about bottoming out, this was more of a comment on the contrast between experiences with the original link. Some people find it hard to use full travel, others like me find the progression godsent.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
Simonrossi wrote:
I am looking to purchase a Bird Aeris AM 9. I'm focused on the descent but I do enjoy also the uphill part. How does this bike perform uphill ? Is it a decent all around machine or do you I should look elsewhere ?

For some context, over the last couple of years I've tried the AM9, the Sentinel, the Stumpjumper Evo, the Meta AM 29 (only briefly) and the Ripmo V1. The Ripmo and the AM9 were the best climbers of the group with some margin. I'd say that within the enduro category the AM9 falls on the more all-rounder side of things

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 14:46 Quote
Ive waiting for my am9 to come what bottle cage will fit with a piggy back shock ?

Cheers

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 15:21 Quote
Graemehill wrote:
Ive waiting for my am9 to come what bottle cage will fit with a piggy back shock ?

Cheers

I finally sorted out my bottle cage setup the other day (thanks to someone's suggestion on this forum). This is what I use:

Specialized Zee Cage
Shimano Di2 Mount Adapter

I also bought a set of V brake pads so I could get the washers to get it to play nicely

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 19:34 Quote
Arierep wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Arierep wrote:
True, but then would start to loose what would bring me to a coil in the first place, no?
Anyway, rather than a complaint about bottoming out, this was more of a comment on the contrast between experiences with the original link. Some people find it hard to use full travel, others like me find the progression godsent.

I assume you mean less force in the first third of the travel as the reason that brought you to a coil. I like coils for the increased support in the middle of the travel.

Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007038
Mobile Version of Website