Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 15:30 Quote
Graemehill wrote:
Can anyome tell me.what the difference is between the am9 mk3 and the regular one? Im waiting for mine to be built and have just seen the mk3 dont want a out of date bike before it gets delivered.....

Only difference that might matter is the shock link. Mk3 has the RRR link which is less progressive than the original one. Whether this is an upgrade or not, depends on your riding style and shock choice

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 20:35 Quote
Pich85 wrote:
Does anyone know the rear axel pitch so I can get a axel on order?t

I checked the Bird Site. Sorry, it doesn't state the axle pitch.

I would email Bird, or call.
I'm sure they would be able to provide the pitch info your looking for.
info@bird.bike
0333 444 0650

Pich85 wrote:
I have some revelation 2018 130 travel forks, I’ve upgraded them to 140 but does anyone know if I can upgrade them to 160 with a new air shaft? It only has sag readings for 130 and 140 travel on the stansions?

Yes, your 2018 Revelation can go up to 160.
Air-shaft options for your Revelation

Enjoy the Build.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 1:08 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Pich85 wrote:
Does anyone know the rear axel pitch so I can get a axel on order?t

I checked the Bird Site. Sorry, it doesn't state the axle pitch.

I would email Bird, or call.
I'm sure they would be able to provide the pitch info your looking for.
info@bird.bike
0333 444 0650

Pich85 wrote:
I have some revelation 2018 130 travel forks, I’ve upgraded them to 140 but does anyone know if I can upgrade them to 160 with a new air shaft? It only has sag readings for 130 and 140 travel on the stansions?

Yes, your 2018 Revelation can go up to 160.
Air-shaft options for your Revelation

Enjoy the Build.

Thank you mate I appreciate your help, I’ll give them a message now and get an air shaft on order, I was just worried the uppers and lowers might be different lengths throughout the travel options

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 2:26 Quote
Arierep wrote:
Graemehill wrote:
Can anyome tell me.what the difference is between the am9 mk3 and the regular one? Im waiting for mine to be built and have just seen the mk3 dont want a out of date bike before it gets delivered.....

Only difference that might matter is the shock link. Mk3 has the RRR link which is less progressive than the original one. Whether this is an upgrade or not, depends on your riding style and shock choice

@arierep thanks for that

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 2:43 Quote
Pich85 wrote:
The frame a received tho is a aeris Am does anyone know why this might be as I ordered the aeris 145?

i dont know how to insert photos on here but the 145 linkage is more of an irregular quadrilateral where as the 160 link is more of a rectangle. ive just received my 145 and it says am too, but i know its 145 from the link. the link below should take you to an Instagram post where the top link is 145 and the bottom one is 160. hope this helps.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgW5kb6lZw2/

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 4:51 Quote
Graemehill wrote:

V3 is tested and warrantied for 170 mm forks. They've also stiffened up the rear end. It also comes stock with the RRR link

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 5:29 Quote
Thanks Connie2003

How are you getting along with your X2?
Did you have issues setting up the Rockshox?

Here's the pic for your viewing pleasure (top 145, bottom 160):

Yeah, Pinkbike's photo upload system isn't very intuitive...

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 5:34 Quote
rideeverything wrote:
Graemehill wrote:

V3 is tested and warrantied for 170 mm forks. They've also stiffened up the rear end. It also comes stock with the RRR link

do you know if they're going to start offering 160 and 170mm forks on the full builds?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
rideeverything wrote:
Graemehill wrote:

I don't think it's warrantied for 170mm. This is taken from a Bird thread on Singletrack and was posted by Ben Pinnick.

"The V3 frame is rated to 160mm.We increased the thickness of the DT and Seat tube. Our testing (which is considerably more robust than ISO) was too close a call for us to warrant the previous version to 160mm."

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 5:53 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
This is taken from a Bird thread on Singletrack and was posted by Ben Pinnick.

What, Ben's on Singletrack and not Pinkbike....
What's up with that? Razz

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
Pablo16v wrote:
rideeverything wrote:
Graemehill wrote:

I don't think it's warrantied for 170mm. This is taken from a Bird thread on Singletrack and was posted by Ben Pinnick.

"The V3 frame is rated to 160mm.We increased the thickness of the DT and Seat tube. Our testing (which is considerably more robust than ISO) was too close a call for us to warrant the previous version to 160mm."

I have it straight from Dan that the V3 is 170 compatible

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 7:31 Quote
Thanks everyone I think mines a 145 but why does it say am? Are they the same frames? This is a great thread I’ll definitely be on here a lot during the build, must got to wait for pay day now to get some more parts. Been doing the invisiframe for now which is pretty fun ????

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 15:47 Quote
Pich85 wrote:
Thanks everyone I think mines a 145 but why does it say am? Are they the same frames? This is a great thread I’ll definitely be on here a lot during the build, must got to wait for pay day now to get some more parts. Been doing the invisiframe for now which is pretty fun ????

The 160 frame has a slightly different rear triangle with better clearance, different derailleur cable routing and I think maybe a difference to the brake mounts(not certain of that). The difference is only small though. What colour frame did you buy? I think it's only the anodized black 145 frames that say am rather than 145.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 6:11 Quote
Thanks Connie I bought the orange aeris 145 but the frame says aeris am, is that still a aeris 145 frame? Are the aeris 145 and 160 still named as AM? I managed to do the invisiframe and fit the rear shock so it’s making progress need to get a dub bb and should be able to fit the cranks then

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
There you have it folks... A 750ml bottle in a large 145 frame.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008190
Mobile Version of Website