Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
I've gone low purely because it looks cleaner and still gives me no issues. (On an AM9)

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
another tire questions, anyone tried the Onza Porcupine ?

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
Anybody from the UK recently ordered a bike from bird? What was the wait time ? My alps trip is booked on the 29th July, it would be lovely if it came before then... ordered my am9 last week Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
I ordered a frame and shock on the 27th of May...arrived June 22nd in Mexico.

Obviously yours will arrive much quicker Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
Nathanb43 wrote:
Anybody from the UK recently ordered a bike from bird? What was the wait time ? My alps trip is booked on the 29th July, it would be lovely if it came before then... ordered my am9 last week Smile

Mine took about 3 1/2 weeks to arrive, you might be lucky and have it in time

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 18:10 Quote
New AM9 arrived today!!! Unfortunately i got called to work and wont see this baby until the 14th Cry my pops opened it just to verify there was no shipping damage and took some teaser pics for me to drool over.

atomic blue with all silver trim (including the pike ultimate). will post some glamour shots when she is built!
Arrival day
pretty blue

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 18:19 Quote
It's going to be a long week!

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 3:46 Quote
I'm waiting for a blue AM9 with red lyriks and cannot wait!

I did hear that Bird were really busy during lockdown when the weather was really good here in the UK but they are a bit quieter now since it's been raining a fair bit.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 5:04 Quote
paparoacho wrote:

I did hear that Bird were really busy during lockdown when the weather was really good here in the UK but they are a bit quieter now since it's been raining a fair bit.

Nice, when did you order? Yeah I can imagine as half of the county has decided to take up cycling during lockdown!!

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
Nathanb43 wrote:
paparoacho wrote:

Nice, when did you order? Yeah I can imagine as half of the county has decided to take up cycling during lockdown!!

I ordered at the end of May and it was 3.5 weeks until I got mine, Dan quoted 3/4 weeks so was on the money with that. It was a full AM9 V2 build, I think frames were being quoted as 1 week. It could be a bit quieter now though.

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 8:37 Quote
Nathanb43 wrote:
paparoacho wrote:

A week ago today. They were waiting on rear shocks (10th) but they were supposedly gettin them today. Fingers crossed for next week!

Posted: Jul 7, 2020 at 12:05 Quote
Cheers everyone, it all sounds promising! looks like the birds first week of riding might just be in morzine! Anybody seen the new Zeb forks that have just been added to the options? Tempting but I think they might be overkill for me lol

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 1:28 Quote
Nathanb43 wrote:
Cheers everyone, it all sounds promising! looks like the birds first week of riding might just be in morzine! Anybody seen the new Zeb forks that have just been added to the options? Tempting but I think they might be overkill for me lol

Yeah those zeb forks look great but defo overkill for my riding. Wonder what the weight diff is compared to lyriks.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 1:33 Quote
paparoacho wrote:
Nathanb43 wrote:

Yeah those zeb forks look great but defo overkill for my riding. Wonder what the weight diff is compared to lyriks.

The 170mm 29er Zeb is around 200g heavier than my 170mm Lyrik if Sram's weights are accurate. I don't really need the extra stiffness but I do like the sound of the damping improvements that the wider stanchions have allowed. They seem to address the main issues I have with my Lyrik RC2.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 2:43 Quote
Weighting 90kg with gear and having a tendency to do stupid crap like 2m hucks to flat I guess I could be interested.

Currently riding on a 160mm 36 Rhythm, it's a nice fork and handles strong impacts and balls to the wall riding better than the Lyrik I had before, but lacks in comfort and small bump sensitivity. On the other hand, while RS states longer service intervals for their forks, my experience is that you need to do the lowers quite frequently otherwise they'll start to feel dry quickly.

Was considering to either slap the Z1 coil conversion into my 36 or wait for some cheap Marzocchi version of the 38 to come out but now the Zeb left me wondering

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013834
Mobile Version of Website