Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 4:02 Quote
ifindoubtflatout wrote:
I had the same thing with the Pikes... Thats why I have Lyriks ultimates now.... I got them from a german site for £620....and they turned up in 3 days. I thought the Pikes were good but once I rode with the Lyriks on I was blown away. I nearly bought some Ohlins from JTEC but the Lyriks were too good an offer.

Yeah that makes sense. The bonus of the Roxkshox stuff is parts availability, especially if you're travelling, and something that I'm sure will worry me constantly with the Mezzer!

They cost £710 all in so not much more, and after reading all 2000+ messages on the mtbr mezzer thread and people generally thinking it's better than any custom tuned RS fork, I figured I'd give something different a go! I also got some Mattocs secondhand for £140 for my hardtail, and they're fantastic, so that encouraged me a bit!

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 10:07 Quote
Anyone used https://raawmtb.com/collections/parts/products/chainstay-guard

Or anything else they've found work?

Any pics?

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
I used 3m 2228 tape..... You can then make what ever funky shapes you require on your chainstay.

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 11:16 Quote
ifindoubtflatout wrote:
I used 3m 2228 tape..... You can then make what ever funky shapes you require on your chainstay.

I've got some non offical 2228, and it isn't amazing.

Try getting some 3M stuff for less than £30 now though! :/

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
Old inter-tube, old school Cool

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
I use the soft piece of Tesa On&OFF Velcro Extra Strong - also along the inside of the DS seat stay.

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
beggers87 wrote:
ifindoubtflatout wrote:

I've got some non offical 2228, and it isn't amazing.

Try getting some 3M stuff for less than £30 now though! :/
I just got some on eBay for £24 posted, cheapest I could find

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 17:42 Quote
mistermanny wrote:

Even better is an old road tire with the beads cut off. It's the perfect width and contour.

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 17:53 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
mistermanny wrote:

Even better is an old road tire with the beads cut off. It's the perfect width and contour.

Diy crank boots, too.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 4:09 Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
mistermanny wrote:

Diy crank boots, too.

I fitted one of these - works a treat.....

https://chaintameruk.co.uk/products/chaintamer

Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 4:46 Quote
Maffers1308 wrote:
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Diy crank boots, too.

I fitted one of these - works a treat.....

https://chaintameruk.co.uk/products/chaintamer

I've always just used marsh guard slapper tape - great stuff, easily moulded, doesn't peel off - a roll has lasted me 3 or 4 frames

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 7:18 Quote
I have a 2020 FOX Float X2 Factory shock from a Bird AM9 on my buy/sell if anyone is interested

I was on Coil then got this - had 10 rides on it before I got a new bike and now have no need now

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
beggers87 wrote:
Anyone used https://raawmtb.com/collections/parts/products/chainstay-guard

Or anything else they've found work?

Any pics?

i used the 3M mastic tape for "not to bad" areas l;ike cable spots on the downtube and worse areas like the chainstay i used that tape and than put a strip velcro (soft fuzzy side) on it as well and its deadly silent. my AM9 dosent have any rattling sounds from cables or chain.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
So with the 145 being done, is the aether taking up the space in the line or is something else coming along? Thoughts?

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 15:01 Quote
arnie86 wrote:
So with the 145 being done, is the aether taking up the space in the line or is something else coming along? Thoughts?
Did you forget about the AM160? It replaced the 145 LT.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012430
Mobile Version of Website