Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
Picked her up today....looks amazing in the flesh! Can't wait to get her dirty Big Grin

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 8:47 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Jazzyg,

• MegNeg spring
• Get your shock serviced (full overhaul)

Great cheers RMR, will look into that. I have been thinking of trying coil too so have been reading through lots of the previous threads on here - some great information!

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
SteezySean wrote:
Can anyone comment on how nimble the AM9 feels round corners? Need some reassurance about riding a 29er, worried that it might feel a bit like a boat on the tighter stuff having only ridden 26ers in the past. Also, is height a factor with 29" wheels? I'm 177cm (5,10/11) and I've heard they suit taller people better. Lastly, how does the AM160 compare with the AM9 in this regard? Would the AM160 be able to tackle similar stuff as the AM9 but with better maneuverability?

Sorry about all the questions.... Don't mean to launch a 27.5 vs 29 debate, just curious about these bikes in particular.

I found it harder to begin with but now on some of the steeper, tighter switchback stuff I'm faster. I might switch the stem to a shorter one, you need to weight the front a lot more I find. But when you get the confidence in it, it's fast and it tracks seriously well.

I'm sure that was down to the size, rather than the wheels though or a combination of everything. If your on 26ers, then the difference overall will be too much to tell it's just the wheels really.

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 11:06 Quote
Maffers1308 wrote:
Picked her up today....looks amazing in the flesh! Can't wait to get her dirty Big Grin

Oft! Making me wish I’d gone plastic! Love that colour Big Grin

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 17:54 Quote
Pretty sweet Christmas Present Cool
Congrats Beer

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 4:12 Quote
colourofsound wrote:
Maffers1308 wrote:

Thanks...but they had 9a's built up and they look very cool too! The red and tungsten ones are such great looking frames!

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
novaterra wrote:
adespotoskyli wrote:
novaterra wrote:
Can anyone of you am9 guys measure the diameter of your wheels? Best with maxxis 2.5 tires
I think i can fit a 29" wheel in my aeris 145 frame. I mounted a 29" wheel with a 2.35 hans damp, and have about 1/2" room. And would know the diameter of a little beefier tire

measure clearance on full compression, you might loose a pair of something...

There is more room on the seatstay full conpressed than there is on the chainstays.
You mean seat tube clearance?

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
Just listened to the latest pinkbike podcast...they mentioned post-brexit = 14% export fees increase.

Anyone else concerned about this?

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
Maffers1308 wrote:
colourofsound wrote:
Maffers1308 wrote:

Thanks...but they had 9a's built up and they look very cool too! The red and tungsten ones are such great looking frames!

You're making all the right noises - the one I ordered is a Tungsten one Big Grin

Maybe the one you saw was mine!

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 23:09 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
novaterra wrote:
adespotoskyli wrote:

measure clearance on full compression, you might loose a pair of something...

There is more room on the seatstay full conpressed than there is on the chainstays.
You mean seat tube clearance?

Yes

Posted: Dec 26, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
colourofsound wrote:
Maffers1308 wrote:
colourofsound wrote:

You're making all the right noises - the one I ordered is a Tungsten one Big Grin

Maybe the one you saw was mine!

You chose the right colour.... It looks mint!

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
mistermanny wrote:
Just listened to the latest pinkbike podcast...they mentioned post-brexit = 14% export fees increase.

I am. Am9 is on my wish list!

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 13:02 Quote
mistermanny wrote:

To everywhere, or just EU countries? I presume it would also apply to all British bike companies?

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Thinking about buying an Aether 7 frame. Is a large big enough? I'm 191cm, 88 inseam. Anyone else with the same length?

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 14:45 Quote
Not specifically bird related but I have a question about chain life.

I dont have a chain stretch tool, and Ive got 950km on my chain and wanted to know if it may be time to replace it(12 speed)

What sort of distance can I expect to get from a chain before needing replace it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008920
Mobile Version of Website