Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 3:18 Quote
Yep, sounds like you just need to hit it harder. Maybe grease the surfaces it's going to pass through.

DC1988 wrote:
alloy

I know you mean aluminum / aluminium alloy, but since we're on the subject, I have to rant that steel is more of an alloy than aluminum!

The term originated from "aluminum alloy" to differentiate it from pure aluminum. When the term was shortened, many cyclists dropped the "aluminum", when it was the "alloy" that should've been dropped.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 3:40 Quote
I thought alloy would be easier....otherwise we'll get into an argument about aluminium Vs aluminum!

Thanks for the help

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 4:34 Quote
Do you have a bearing puller? If not, then you can easily improvise one with a concrete metal anchor. That would like do the trick

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 4:26 Quote
Hi Chaps,

Earlier this year I bought a 2018 Bird Aeris 120 which was my first full suspension bike. So far I love the bike and it has been a real ability increaser on my local trails in the UK (Surrey Hills, QECP & Tunnel Hill)

I have now managed to acquire an LT link for the rear suspension and before I fit this (to increase the travel at the back from 120 to 130) is it worth at the same time increasing the front travel by the same amount?

If so what do I need to buy to do this? Fork is a 2018 Rockshox Pike RC 130mm Debonair.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 6:13 Quote
Agis wrote:
Hi Chaps,

Earlier this year I bought a 2018 Bird Aeris 120 which was my first full suspension bike. So far I love the bike and it has been a real ability increaser on my local trails in the UK (Surrey Hills, QECP & Tunnel Hill)

I have now managed to acquire an LT link for the rear suspension and before I fit this (to increase the travel at the back from 120 to 130) is it worth at the same time increasing the front travel by the same amount?

If so what do I need to buy to do this? Fork is a 2018 Rockshox Pike RC 130mm Debonair.

Anyone done this??

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
Ive got a 120LT with 140 fork. seems to be the right balance - it rides well, and I'll just (ie, gently, no thud) bottom out both ends occasionally on large drops.
If you can do a lower leg sevice, you can change an airspring.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
AyJayDoubleyou wrote:
Ive got a 120LT with 140 fork. seems to be the right balance - it rides well, and I'll just (ie, gently, no thud) bottom out both ends occasionally on large drops.
If you can do a lower leg sevice, you can change an airspring.

Thanks AyJay. Can you recall what Airspring you used?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
Hello All, first post.

I’ve done a search and see the Fidlock vs piggy back reservoir question has been asked a few times. However, it’s always been in relation to a Super Deluxe air shock and I’ve gone with the coil version instead. I’ve got a M/L V3 AM9 and wanted to ask if anyone had successfully fitted a Fidlock bottle with an SD coil shock and if so, what size?

Cheers in advance.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 23:34 Quote
OD50 wrote:
Hello All, first post.

I’ve done a search and see the Fidlock vs piggy back reservoir question has been asked a few times. However, it’s always been in relation to a Super Deluxe air shock and I’ve gone with the coil version instead. I’ve got a M/L V3 AM9 and wanted to ask if anyone had successfully fitted a Fidlock bottle with an SD coil shock and if so, what size?

Cheers in advance.

I've got an L AM9 with SD coil. I've gone fidlock 590 with the mount flipped and the bird adapter (just lets it seat better IMO) and there is loads of room for the bottle. My mates old style 600 bottle is about 1mm away from fitting. So I guess given the amount of space in mine there would be plenty for a 590 in an ML frame.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 23:54 Quote
ifindoubtflatout wrote:
There you have it folks... A 750ml bottle in a large 145 frame.

I made a bracket from some Aluminium flat bar with a Specialized Zee cage and can run a 750ml bottle.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 1:15 Quote
Guys thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Both options sound good. Good effort fabricating a custom mount.

In terms of flipping the Fidlock mount, that seems sensible to pull it away from the piggy back. Does the Bird adapter come with the kit if you buy it from them? I read somewhere else that the magnets in the mount had to be flipped to the correct polarity if you were inverting the mount. Did you find that?

Cheers

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 1:27 Quote
OD50 wrote:
Does the Bird adapter come with the kit if you buy it from them?

Yes.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 2:12 Quote
ifindoubtflatout,

Just noticed that derailleur cable. I recommend ignoring the cable guide on the seat-tube and routing it under the pivot.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 4:19 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
ifindoubtflatout,

Just noticed that derailleur cable. I recommend ignoring the cable guide on the seat-tube and routing it under the pivot.

Thanks for that R-M-R I will have a look at that later.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007059
Mobile Version of Website