Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 1:32 Quote
Update - I have called Bird and the chap really helped me decide. Sticking with my current order for the AM9! Cool

Thank you all for sharing feedback, it really helped.

Glad to soon be a full fledge Bird Aeris owner Big Grin

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 1:34 Quote
MomoiPower wrote:
@sly69 and @Hamez-123, are you both upgrading to the Aeris 9? Smile
Yes, that's the plan, I'm just buying the frame though as I have an am9 so u will swap component over

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 12:39 Quote
rideeverything wrote:
As a teaser, here's my Aeris 9
I think it'll be an extremely popular bike

Is this the blurple colour?

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 1:58 Quote
Hamez-123 wrote:
rideeverything wrote:

Yep

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
Any info up yet re: rear shock kinematics / curves? Wondering if a manitou Mara pro might be a good fit on the aeris 9? Considering changing up my am9 for one so I could run it 180/180 during bike park season and 160/160 the rest of the year.

Also, anyone go from a large am9 (500 mm reach) to a large aeris 9 (515 mm reach)? Noticeable difference? I’m quite at home on the large am9...

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 8:20 Quote
rideeverything wrote:
Hamez-123 wrote:
rideeverything wrote:

Yep
That's good to hear, I have just bought thay colour as the other colours had sold out and I was worried I wouldn't like it, but this looks really good

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 8:49 Quote
rideeverything wrote:

Can't wait to get mine. Ordered the 180 link as well. Zeb ultimates, new ultimate coil on the bike and hope wheels be a park bike that I can also pedal round the local off piste.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 13:22 Quote
I'm still guessing if I should go L or XL on this Aeris 9: 6ft3' ,short inseam (32.25"), negative ape Index ( 0.98 ), it looks like both options are sensible.

I tested a 2021 XL Commençal Furious last month : Meanwhile the stack was clearly too low ( 4-5 cms missing I guess), I'm wondering if the reach was'nt insufficient neither. The neutral stand up position was putting me in a really forwarded position with the end of the stem at throat level...

I don't know if it's related to a short-ish reach ( - 510mm - ) or a lack of stack, or maybe both combined, but it clearly makes me guessing about the Aeris 9 sizing choice Confused It will become my bikepark machine anyway (180mm rear + dual crown front front)

Any advice maybe?

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 15:13 Quote
handsomedan wrote:
Any info up yet re: rear shock kinematics / curves? Wondering if a manitou Mara pro might be a good fit on the aeris 9? Considering changing up my am9 for one so I could run it 180/180 during bike park season and 160/160 the rest of the year.

Also, anyone go from a large am9 (500 mm reach) to a large aeris 9 (515 mm reach)? Noticeable difference? I’m quite at home on the large am9...

IIRC the progression is somewhere between the original, and the RRR links. I think the anti-squat is slightly less than the AM9.

Not large, but ML to ML. Due to the steeper seat tube, the seated position is identical. Measured the saddle nose to bar distance and it's unchanged. The longer reach is noticeable, but not dramatically so, if you pair it with the long flip chip it's a really nicely balanced feel and gives tonnes of confidence in flat and off camber corners

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 23:11 Quote
Has anyone mulleted an Aeris 145? I'm currently running 160mm travel front and rear but my fork needs a service so thought it could be a good time to experiment whilst that's in the workshop.

My hardtail is 29" with a 140mm fork and the a2c looks roughly the same as my Aeris, I would also put the 145mm rear link back in so the travel would be almost identical front and rear.

I'm not necessarily expecting anything from it but thought it might be good to try unless someone has already found it to be a terrible idea!

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 4:20 Quote
Hamez-123 wrote:
MomoiPower wrote:
Yes, that's the plan, I'm just buying the frame though as I have an am9 so u will swap component over

Looks like a great bike. You still sticking with size ML for the new frame?

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 12:54 Quote
Jazzyg wrote:
Hamez-123 wrote:
MomoiPower wrote:

Yep, I’ve got an ML Aether7, ML SS forge & ML AM9… they just fit right for me!!

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
Jazzyg wrote:
Hamez-123 wrote:
MomoiPower wrote:

I got the medium frame as it fitted me better on paper

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
rideeverything wrote:

What size is this?
Thx!

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
Kabookie wrote:
rideeverything wrote:

What size is this?
Thx!

ML

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009718
Mobile Version of Website