Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 12:04 Quote
Not sure for AM9 but my 120 is ML and the serial number ends in M. Now I need to check its not a medium after all this time...

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 12:25 Quote
My AM9 that I received 2 weeks ago had an "ML" Sticker on the bb and the frame number also ends in ML, the seat tube measurements also match up with the ML size. I ordered an ML.

I'd double check but sounds like you have a large there. BTW checking the paperwork it came with the bike builder should have also measured the seat tube and made sure it was the right size against the order, its a check box that has been ticked. Worth an email followed by a call 1st thing in the morning.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 12:25 Quote
chrissampson2 wrote:
Guys, just received my AM9. Can someone answer a question for me? My frame has an 'L' sticker on the BB shell, and the serial number ends with an 'L'. Is this indicative of the size? However I measure the frame, it seems consistent with the large size (seat tube, ETT, wheelbase). Unfortunately I ordered an M-L. Currently hoping that I'm the mistaken one...
hit the guys up at bird,they'll give the answer you need.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 13:23 Quote
theglenn wrote:
My AM9 that I received 2 weeks ago had an "ML" Sticker on the bb and the frame number also ends in ML, the seat tube measurements also match up with the ML size. I ordered an ML.

Mine is a large then! I'll give the guys a call in the morning, sure it'll be sorted quickly. Thanks for confirming my fears lol

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 14:22 Quote
Measure the seat tube to confirm. My large has an l sticker and a serial number that ends in l.

Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 7:34 Quote
Thanks all, I had measured the ST and ETT and all came up consistent with a large. As expected, Bird are sorting it quickly, bike has already been collected and they're hoping to do the frame swap in time to catch their courier dispatch tomorrow pm.

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 1:20 Quote
Good to hear Chris, my experience of their customer service has been great. I had issues with my freehub and reverb which were both sorted out within the week. Obviously you've got to pack and ship the parts back to them but in practice I haven't found that less convenient than having to deal with a shop.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 1:35 Quote
Joemmo wrote:
@Arierep - Nice! I bet that colour is super bright in the Portuguese sunshine Cool

@thorjensen - yes the Debonair spring made a noticeable difference to my Yari, much softer on the small bumps. You can see that even with just the weight of the bike on it, the fork is sagged a few mm.

So I just realised that when I put my lowers back on, I compressed the fork totally ( a MBR how-to-video habbit) and then installed the two bolts in the shafts. BINGO creating a major vacuum and already using 8-10% of the travel and having me to put more psi in the positive air champer than before.

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 4:07 Quote
Ah - I also followed that MBR video but read the comments (usually not a good idea with YouTube ) and was careful not to compress the fork. It only sags under weight of the bike, if you pick it up then the fork easily extends.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 4:15 Quote
Joemmo wrote:
Ah - I also followed that MBR video but read the comments (usually not a good idea with YouTube ) and was careful not to compress the fork. It only sags under weight of the bike, if you pick it up then the fork easily extends.

Mine doesn't and when letting the air out it just fires back towards the crown.
It's the firdt time EVER, that i've had vacuum issues. Done lower service sooooo many times on my own and friends but this was a first for me.
Well need to fix before my Saalbach and Winterberg trips.

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 5:15 Quote
What's the solution? Do you have to remove the lowers and refit the piston to equalise the pressure?

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 5:31 Quote
Joemmo wrote:
What's the solution? Do you have to remove the lowers and refit the piston to equalise the pressure?

Yeah, when we get home from vacation I will remove the lowers, snap ring from the piston and refit.

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 7:19 Quote
Joemmo wrote:
Good to hear Chris, my experience of their customer service has been great. I had issues with my freehub and reverb which were both sorted out within the week.

I reported the wrong size to them on Wednesday, bike was collected that afternoon, frame swap happened on Thursday and it was delivered back with me today. Can't ask for more than that, mistakes happen and it's how they're dealt with that counts Smile

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
That's impressive service!!

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 12:08 Quote
There was some chat earlier in the thread on fork offset, now I have an AM9 with a pike on it with a 42mm offset. Bike I demo's had a lyrik with a 51mm offset (lyrik was not available when I ordered) I have ridden the bike only once so far but noticed it felt quite different to the demo bike. By different I mean it likes to wander a fair bit. Now I realise I need time to adjust to the bike especially with wider bars, but I just want to know what other people's experiences were. 29inch fork with 42 Vs 51mm offset.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012624
Mobile Version of Website