Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
The dvo site says that have the right size, but can't find any UK stock. Seems a good option though. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks folks

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 0:53 Quote
Looking at 29" enduro bike and considering I am happy with my Zero TR trailbike, looking at an AM9...

Is it a bike that you would ride days in the DHish tracks in the bikepark (e.g. Pleney/Morzine) as well without hesitation?
(excluding big drops, etc... and at a reduced pace in the rowdy stuff vs. DH bike)

Trying to understand if I should see it as a trail bike on steroids or a mini DH machine with less travel and (good) pedal capability.

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 3:42 Quote
Something in between

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 4:50 Quote
some people say they like it more than nomad 3 for descending. And I think if you put a real good working 160mm fork up front and a good coil shock into the ride, it will eat up very much while still pedaling great. And with dpx 2,topaz or similar you will for certain have the trailbike on steroids that will easily make you happy on all day adventures

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
I was getting sad we were getting a full thread page without nobody mentioning a 160mm fork on an AM9.

I guess this will be my lifetime crusade, having Bird approving 160mm forks on that bike

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
Arierep wrote:
I was getting sad we were getting a full thread page without nobody mentioning a 160mm fork on an AM9.

I guess this will be my lifetime crusade, having Bird approving 160mm forks on that bike
They need to make a 170mm front and rear travel bike now.... Now that would slay!

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
An AM9LT with a link you could retrofit to your older frame would be nirvana.

But 150mm rear with 160 or 170mm front would be good enough

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
I don't want to start the 160mm debate, considering I am probably the person (1.96m & 0.1T) they probably have in mind to say 160 is not OK with the XL.

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
Hi, first time poster and looking for advice. I have a Bird Aeris mk1.5 with the stock RS shock on. Looking to upgrade maybe to a coil spring as I like the consistent feel of a good coil. Anybody have any good recommendations that have worked on a mk1.5?

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
MrSegundus wrote:
Hi, first time poster and looking for advice. I have a Bird Aeris mk1.5 with the stock RS shock on. Looking to upgrade maybe to a coil spring as I like the consistent feel of a good coil. Anybody have any good recommendations that have worked on a mk1.5?
i run a x fusion vector hlr with a ti spring,and its fantastic.works really well with the bird suspension leverage.Do it.have a look at page 23 on this forum

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
MrSegundus wrote:
i run a x fusion vector hlr with a ti spring,and its fantastic.works really well with the bird suspension leverage.Do it.have a look at page 23 on this forum

Nice. I'll have a look! The Rockshox monarch is good, but having ridden some spring shocks recently, I like the feel

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
Hey! Just received my brand new artist am9, was wondering if they come set up tubeless? Don't wanna deflate it to find out

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
Yeh, they should do. I'm sure it says somewhere on their site. My AM9 came tubeless and ready to go.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has fitted a 30T oval chainring on an Aeris 120? Wanted to check that there was no unwanted rubbing of the chain on the chainstay.

Also looking to change to the LT linkage soon, so any views from people that have already done it are very welcome. I'll have a hunt through here to see as well. Smile

Thanks.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 8:30 Quote

my large am9

got a boxxer red 150mm lyrik to replace that acs3 yari when the mercury stays above freezing again :-)

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019902
Mobile Version of Website