Bird Aeris owners thread

| Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
Bird Aeris AM9 - Raw
Completed at last

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
Completed at last

Hideous! You can't mix polished and matte!

Seriously, though, that's a very pretty bike. Love the little touches, like silver nipples. Great job on the water bottle fit, too. Does it work well with the dropper cable?

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
Bird Aeris AM9 - Raw
Completed at last

My main regret in life at the moment is getting the blue and not raw frame, sir your bike looks amazing.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
R-M-R wrote:

Seriously, though, that's a very pretty bike. Love the little touches, like silver nipples. Great job on the water bottle fit, too. Does it work well with the dropper cable?

von-rumford wrote:

My main regret in life at the moment is getting the blue and not raw frame, sir your bike looks amazing.

Haha! Thankyou Big Grin

Yeah it’s like a glove! Pic below that shows it fitted a little better, two days riding, and it’s just been perfect, probably my favourite part of the bike!

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

von-rumford wrote:

Haha! Thankyou Big Grin

Yeah it’s like a glove! Pic below that shows it fitted a little better, two days riding, and it’s just been perfect, probably my favourite part of the bike!

Gorgeous sexy bike, well done there, pretty sure it rides just like it shows!

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
von-rumford wrote:
Agreed.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
I'm not such a fan of the raw finish but that does look great - the silver cranks make it for me

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 1:03 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
Bird Aeris AM9 - Raw
Completed at last

On of the best looking bikes I've seen this year. Up there with the last and anchilotti.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
sethius wrote:
On of the best looking bikes I've seen this year. Up there with the last and anchilotti.

Cheers, high praise!

I took a few pics of the bottle mount mount situation when I was out; it’s a little low when pedalling uphill but you can clip it in easily on a roll.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 2:19 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
sethius wrote:

Cheers, high praise!

I took a few pics of the bottle mount mount situation when I was out; it’s a little low when pedalling uphill but you can clip it in easily on a roll.

Did you choose not to use a lower bearing mount coil shock?

Or did you find the assembly hardware with a needle bearing?

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 5:42 Quote
Bird Aeris 29 is now packed and ready for BCBR, 8 days of riding - will report back!

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
Anyone tried the new megneg can on a 145LT? If so, How did it change the ride?

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
Bird Aeris AM9
Bird Aeris AM9
Bird Aeris AM9

Finally got around to taking a photo...

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
handsomedan wrote:
Finally got around to taking a photo...

The Lyrik looks great with the raw frame.

You can make a nicer chainstay protector by cutting up an old road tire - I'm sure every shop has a few sitting in the trash. Cut off the beads, cut a section to length, round the corners, and zip-tie it on. You can put a strip of thin foam under it to make it even quieter, though there's not much room to spare with a sensibly small chainring like yours (and mine!).

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028655
Mobile Version of Website