Bird Aeris owners thread

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 7:02 Quote
Oh wait, the routing is down the inside of the down tube now?

Maybe mine isn’t the new routing.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
holt1997 wrote:
My AM9 turned up yesterday! Need to get a cable for my dropper but am looking forward to the first ride, my only complaint is the excessive length of the brake cables lol Will shorten those at some point

Hello every Bird owners !
I'm from Belgium and thinking about getting a large raw AM9 at the end of the year (if there's no "no-deal Brexit" Confused )

One of the very few things I don't like about the AM9 is the cable routing. holt1997, could you please take a "normal" side picture of your bike ? It looks gorgeous and that "revised cable routing" looks so much better IMO !
Any idea about final weight too ?

Thank you

Corentin

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p3pb17724017/p3pb17724017.jpg

Great bike.
Great place.
Anyone able to identify the spot?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
Can anyone speak to the Bird branded dropper? how has the quality been? is it a 2, 3 or infinite position? any other issues?

I'll be ordering next month and haven't found much info on it and would like to know if I should order the bike with the Bird dropper or if I should have a backup in mind.

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
tlassy wrote:
Can anyone speak to the Bird branded dropper? how has the quality been? is it a 2, 3 or infinite position? any other issues?

I'll be ordering next month and haven't found much info on it and would like to know if I should order the bike with the Bird dropper or if I should have a backup in mind.

Thanks!

I believe it's the same as the Brand X and several others that are house-branding this model. Plenty of reviews for these, generally positive.

From my own circle of friends, the Brand X doesn't feel as smooth and posh as a BikeYoke Revive, but it works perfectly well and hasn't given anyone any problems yet.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
Quick question for owners - just been refreshing my bearings (Aeris 120 - have done the linkage a top tube ones) - how ‘loose’ is the shock in the mounts - mine isn’t very. As in, if I remove the mounting bolts from either end (I.e the top or the bottom) I wouldn’t say that it’s very free moving - there’s resistance there.

If that’s normal, then it seems odd with all this bumpf about bearings in the mounting hardware on the shock sounds a bit overkill...

Cheers,

Rich

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
tlassy wrote:

Thanks!

I’m running one, it’s infinite position, similar feel to other cheaper droppers. I’m 8 months in and not had any complaints with mine. For the money i think it’s well worth it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
KnoblyKnees wrote:
I’m running one, it’s infinite position, similar feel to other cheaper droppers. I’m 8 months in and not had any complaints with mine. For the money i think it’s well worth it.

Great to hear! Thanks!

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
RichBowman wrote:
Quick question for owners - just been refreshing my bearings (Aeris 120 - have done the linkage a top tube ones) - how ‘loose’ is the shock in the mounts - mine isn’t very. As in, if I remove the mounting bolts from either end (I.e the top or the bottom) I wouldn’t say that it’s very free moving - there’s resistance there.

If that’s normal, then it seems odd with all this bumpf about bearings in the mounting hardware on the shock sounds a bit overkill...

Cheers,

Rich

Which shock do you have? If it has bearing mounts them it will be easy to see once you remove the bolt as the end caps will drop out. If you can't see bearings then I'd guess it's a bushing mount. FWIW I have a deluxe with bearings and it moves very freely so maybe yours has bushings?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
Robchun wrote:

Great bike.
Great place.

Could be Scotland, Yorkshire, Peaks? Generic British looking hills Smile

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
Hi Joe,

Bushings for me... just been replaced by TF Tuned (along with the MegNeg being added).

Can all deluxes have the bearing mounts, or just some?

Cheers,

Rich

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 15:33 Quote
Joemmo wrote:
Robchun wrote:

Great bike.
Great place.

Could be Scotland, Yorkshire, Peaks? Generic British looking hills Smile

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
Definitely not generic.
There are definite clues in the pic that should narrow it right down.
A climber would spot them very quickly.
(That's another clue)

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 1:28 Quote
Finally got my 145 built. Absolutely love it

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/17771440/

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010254
Mobile Version of Website