Turbine dropper - can it be rebuilt with a 9point8 kit?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Turbine dropper - can it be rebuilt with a 9point8 kit?
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2020 at 15:50 Quote
jasminov wrote:
COuld someone please inform - what exactly the usual reason of "air leakage" in Race Face Turbine dropper? Is it some ring (o-ring or x-ring) ? Or ... ?

it is combination of seal design and house ribbed lined on top of the shaft;
You can fix the first one with 9 point eight rebuild kit;
Second one - store your bike with expanded seat;

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 18:53 Quote
Mine doesn't leak air but it will neither stay up nor down. Cable tension is fine. Ive tried to reset the brake but seems like its f’d.

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 14:50 Quote
solarplex wrote:
Mine doesn't leak air but it will neither stay up nor down. Cable tension is fine. Ive tried to reset the brake but seems like its f’d.

I've had the "won't stay up or down" problem a few times. Sometimes it's that it needs the "reset." Sometimes it's that there's just a hint too much tension on the cable. Other times it's been because I had the air pressure set too high (and this is even with pressures within the specified range. I find that mine works better at 15psi than 40psi.)

The last time I had mine out of the bike and fussed with the cable tension, had about six tries to get the cable tension right, followed by four times removing the saddle to adjust the air pressure down.

tl;dr: try a lower air pressure to see if that helps your problem.

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 16:57 Quote
The kit worked on my Eatron dropper. The lower bushing on the post that moves was too large, but the V2 nut worked perfect and all other pieces fit perferct. My dropper was brand new so that bushing did not need to be replaced.

There was an internal rubber seal that did not get installed and the videos online dont even show it.

Ill keep othere posted on any success here. Mine leaked after 2-3 weeks and if post was down it leaked faster.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010723
Mobile Version of Website