iPhone

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
im pretty sure the iphone gets internet even when theres not a wifi place

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 20:22 Quote
thanks for repeating what everyone just said.

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
awais wrote:
NEW!!! THE IPHONE IS SELLING FOR 199 FOR THE 8GB WITH A 3 YEAR CONTRACTS. AND THE 16 IS 299 WITH A THREE YEAR CONTRACT. MONTHTS START FROM 60$ A MONTH TO 150$. THERE ARE BONUS PACKAGES AVALIBLE SUCK AS A 15$ 2500 MINUTES 1500 TEXT UNLIMITED INTERNET I BELIVE FOR 15$

What are you talking about. Please turn off your caps next time. Everyone already knows that the iphone is selling for $199 and $299, that is nothing new. There is no unlimited internet with rogers. Have you read any of the posts in the last 2 or so pages?

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 3:13 Quote
awais wrote:
NEW!!! THE IPHONE IS SELLING FOR 199 FOR THE 8GB WITH A 3 YEAR CONTRACTS. AND THE 16 IS 299 WITH A THREE YEAR CONTRACT. MONTHTS START FROM 60$ A MONTH TO 150$. THERE ARE BONUS PACKAGES AVALIBLE SUCK AS A 15$ 2500 MINUTES 1500 TEXT UNLIMITED INTERNET I BELIVE FOR 15$

we all knew that already, we've been talking about the plans for so long

ne ways
anyone picking it up, just wondering if you could give some feedback on it, is it that much faster and better than the older one?

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
Severs are crashing in the States, basically people that have been waiting in line for a day can't activate there Iphone, some stores are sending people home with unactivated iphones.

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 11:34 Quote
trurida wrote:
trurida wrote:
im pissed i was going to pick it up but i dont wanna have to pay that much for like no minutes.
so now i gotta look at another phone
ahahahah scrap what i said i talked to this rogers person and they where telling me that they might get some new plans the day that the i phone comes out. They where also saying that people that work at cell phone places where told not to talk about the i phone and the plans that could come with it. i guess its part of the hype, but she was also saying that this is causing rogers to loose customers and such.
I think that they might have some better plans on the release date, so im going to wait until then and if the plans are still garbage i think im going to pick up a smart phone like a blackberry or something or the Lg Vu (touch screen as well).

they was also telling me about up and coming phones, apparently there's a new blackberry coming out and then theres also a first ever touch blackberry coming after that

see the person that told me about the iphone was right. They do have newer data plans available that are cheaper than what they originally released on rogers and other websites

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-plans/iphone_adpacks

these plans arnt bad if you just looking to get the phone and play music not really do all that other crazy stuff because then you're pretty much guaranteed going to go over your data

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
trurida wrote:
trurida wrote:
trurida wrote:
im pissed i was going to pick it up but i dont wanna have to pay that much for like no minutes.
so now i gotta look at another phone
ahahahah scrap what i said i talked to this rogers person and they where telling me that they might get some new plans the day that the i phone comes out. They where also saying that people that work at cell phone places where told not to talk about the i phone and the plans that could come with it. i guess its part of the hype, but she was also saying that this is causing rogers to loose customers and such.
I think that they might have some better plans on the release date, so im going to wait until then and if the plans are still garbage i think im going to pick up a smart phone like a blackberry or something or the Lg Vu (touch screen as well).

they was also telling me about up and coming phones, apparently there's a new blackberry coming out and then theres also a first ever touch blackberry coming after that

see the person that told me about the iphone was right. They do have newer data plans available that are cheaper than what they originally released on rogers and other websites

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-plans/iphone_adpacks

these plans arnt bad if you just looking to get the phone and play music not really do all that other crazy stuff because then you're pretty much guaranteed going to go over your data

When the limited time offer is up, those plans are complete shit, how can you even say those aren't bad, $100 for 6 GB, LMFAO, $15 for 2MB f*cking rip off, would you pay $15 just to load 1 facebook page? because that's about what 2MB would get you. Getting a iphone just to listen to music is pointless, there's plenty of other cheaper options out there.

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
It's not AT+T but Rogers is not all doom and gloom.
I have had an Iphone here in Vancouver for almost a year now...since the very first hacks came out last year. I initially didn't have a data plan and simply used my sim card from my previous phone. I did rack up $2000 in data usage for my first bill, but I simply called customer service, explained that I didn't know I didn't have a plan, and that it wasn't "fair"...oh and I might have mentioned that I would leave if they did not just add a plan for that data usage. They simply removed the entire $2k bill and told me to get a plan for next time. I thought that was nice of them.

The next thing that I did was go into a Rogers store and ask for a PC Card data plan to be put on my phone. It was $60/month for a Gig of data. I have had that for almost a year and I never go over a Gig, in fact I don't even come close. They tell you that this plan is not for phones, but if you are nice enough they just let you have it. Now $60 per month is not too bad for a gig.

Last week I went into a Rogers store because I wanted a wireless pc card for my laptop. I do use my iphone as a tether over 802.11 but it's pretty slow....the 3g iphone may be a lot nicer for that. Anyways, I picked up the novatel wireless Ovation MC950 usb stick. It's a tiny 3g 7.2mbps down modem for your laptop. They want you to pay $350 for it, but with a contract for 3 years you get it for $50. Best of all if you choose to break your contract it ONLY costs $100. Why would you ever pay $350?
In addition I asked that I would like my iphone with it's data plan to be on a "family sharing" plan with this new modem. They said ok. So it means for $5/month extra for sharing, my modem and iphone pool or use the same data plan. Better yet you get 3 months of UNLIMITED data for signing up. Yes truly unlimited for the first 3 months with the pc card purchase.

The pc card data plan is now
$60/month 1 gig, $70 2 gig, $80 3 gig, $90 4 gig, $100 5 gig
It gets better. I think this is the first in cell phone/data industry. This data plan is not pre buy. That is if you go over your 1 gig, they simply charge you the next level. Usually you'd get dinged some huge overage for going over a gig, because you didnt have a 2 gig plan. With this, they just charge you the next level pricing.

So for $60, plus $5 sharing, and the activation/911 fees I get to have a 3g modem for my laptop and an iphone. Not too bad in my books.
Voice is extra of course and that depends on your usage.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 1:14 Quote
can you watch pinkbike vids on it or not? also does it work with freecaster.tv vids as well?
Any one from UK know?

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 4:08 Quote
it works with you tube fine, and they say the internet browser on it has no difference then the one on your computer. so it probably works.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 at 7:38 Quote
radek wrote:
acadian wrote:
hard to get motivated to make movies when you can't ride you know Frown Maybe when I get back from Moab next week Cool
When are you going to be back and kicking? You seem to be falling apart.

That would be SWEET!

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 7:38 Quote
What the? I clicked "Quote" on other text, not this text!!

I was quoting the text about Radek thinking of writing an iPhone app for Pinkbike, that would be sweet....not people being injured!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016701
Mobile Version of Website