Water bottle on Warden ALU size L

PB Forum :: Knolly
Water bottle on Warden ALU size L
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 17:48 Quote
Hi everyone,

Is there any way to install a water bottle on a large alu warden using a shock with an external reservoir.
Shock upside down ? Fabric cageless ? smaller bottle (actually, 500ml would be enough for me ; on longer rides, I take a backpack) ? any other idea ?

Anyone tried WolfTooth b-rad ?

Thanks and Merry Christmas !

Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 17:40 Quote
I'm having the same issue. I don't think the fabric careless will work because it sets the bottle lower than a standard cage so it will hit the shock. Wolftooth makes a Half-Bottle adaptor I've been looking at which offsets your bottle cage mounts, but I haven't tried it yet.

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 12:04 Quote
Came here to ask this question too. Guess I'm sticking with my pack and hydration bladder

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
Unfortunately, we haven't found a combo that works yet. This is the reason why the Cane Creek Coil-IL became my shock of choice when I had a gen 1 Warden Alloy.

Posted: May 3, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
Nuts... Thanks for getting back, though

Might look into the Wolf Tooth B-Rad accessory mount, but have to see if there's enough space north of the bottle first.

Posted: May 10, 2020 at 14:25 Quote
I found a solution !!!

Take a regular bike bottle, fill it with extremely hot water in order to soften the bottle.
Apply some pressure with a round object to shape the bottle the way you want (to avoid the shock) and put it right away under cold running water. It keeps its shape.

You just need to be careful when you put the bottle back on the bike.

How to fit a bottle on warden L frame with piggy bag shock

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006851
Mobile Version of Website